Looking to increase A. M. Leonard's Arborist equipment sales

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do any of you guys actually wear chain saw gloves for protection?
How about chainsaw boots on your groundguys? Doesn't seem like many suppliers carry the gloves, but they do carry chainsaw boots. (except for Sherrill, who looks like they are getting out of the line.)

We had to wear those Kevlar backed gloves /mitts in our logging company, long before the chain brakes came out in the mid late 1970s. At the time that was all the hand protecton we had from kickback. My brother won a safety award for wearing them during a kickback accident with his non chainbrake saw. The kevlar and glove was wrapped around his fingers so tight the foremen had to cut the glove off with a knife.

Then it got real strict when the company decided the fallers must wear the kevlar gloves with double palm leather also if we helped the skidder operator choke up.
Eventually years later with good chainbrake design , reduced radius bar noses the kevlar glove legislation was removed.

How about chainsaw boots on your groundguys? Doesn't seem like many suppliers carry the gloves, but they do carry chainsaw boots. (except for Sherrill, who looks like they are getting out of the line.)
Alot of different designs out there, just make sure they have steel toes for the required protection rating laws in some states. Kevlar lined are a good seller too.
Bailey's Woodsmen Supply has a decent supply of different boots for the arb pro to view from.

We where chainsaw boots on every job.... on the ground and in the trees. I dont think it will be too long before ANSI requires it.

And if you want to move in the right direction, do the opposite as Sherrill.:evil:

If I google tree forums or treehouse, I don't see squat about this place.

I must not be holding my mouth right...

Took me a while to find my way here. First site I found was AS, then the buzz, then here.

I bet google adwords spots for treehouse or tree forum are dirt cheap if you wanted them. Might water things down too. Double edged sword

Finding TH is like finding the car in the box of cereal as a kid. It's that much better because you had to put in a lil effort to seek it out.

I bet you would sell the ninja shoes, with and without spikes, if they could be had for a reasonable price. There are some witnesses here that will testify! Get a leg up on the competition.

You haven't read the "Fundamentals" book enough until the cover is falling off.

I used to read Jerry's book at lunch too, until I practically memorized it. If I had studied books when in school like I have that text, who knows what heights of career opportunities i might have achieved. Just maybe I wouldn't have to sweep up so much.

The Fundamentals is way outdated as far as new tricks in climbing gear and technique go. But not in the understanding of cutting the tree. I really believe our understanding of wood fiber and how it behaves will forever last. Gear and methods may change but wood fiber and the forces that work upon it never will.

I'll be doing an up date on the climbing section as soon as I finish this current project. I promise!!

I swear by SIP chainsaw boots, they don't look all heavy and bulky, and they are CE class 1 chainsaw protective with steel toes.
How about chainsaw trousers, not just chaps? Clogger brand (NZ I think) are a great lightweight option, front CS protection and lower legs with thorn proof fabric on the front, waterproof cuffs, stretchy backing double seat.
BTW I'm female, so it has to look pretty...within reason

I saw some new throw weights from Sherril in Tasmania that look like golfballs...the newest thing apparently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
These are some great ideas, thanks!
Keep 'em coming if you think of more.

Please explain how. I'm curious.

Back when I started in this business a rock was a good throw-weight. Graduated up to wrenches and sockets. It kept getting better after that.

Back