Looking to increase A. M. Leonard's Arborist equipment sales

Why not try it?

What have you got to lose?

Weight is only one factor in the equation. A fast rocket, plane, boat, car, train, throw weight is faster because of form,finish and speed. A heavier weight does not determine maximum velocity. Subsonic flight uses this geometric form for a reason I apply it to the Rk for the same reasons. 21st Century arborist with a 21st Century tool.

Weight is customizable if you need 16 or a bit more it can be done easily. Pm me for more details. The standard practice is to use a lighter weight with a lighter line for the high shots. A slippery line and perfect geometric form with a slippery finish coupled with speed is the application of science to the RK.

I have done my best. It is up to you to decide if you can or cannot be convinced.

Do you want to save time, make more money and make throwing more enjoyable? My numbers and many other throw liners numbers are similar. What are yours?

100's all over the world are finding the RK investment worth the return in the first few times they use it.

RopeShield is for sale. RopeShield makes sense, so it is applied to the throw weight and transforms into the RopeKnight.
RopeShield is RopeKnight in part. They have the same purpose and performance.

Challenging the status quo is exciting. Saving time and money is exciting. Trying something new is exciting.

Experience it for your self.
What do you have to lose?What do you have to lose?

Thomas...Thomas. Why not try it? I gave you detailed reasons, which you are not able to refute except with what sounds like nothing more than salesman's pitches and ra-ra noise.

What have I got to lose? Wasteing a decent chunk of my hard-earned money on a product I have zero confidence in proving useful. Your best has not been good enough; I remain unconvinced.

I wish you luck, Thomas. Just because I'm not a fan doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see you succeed. There are any number of products for arbs that I fail to see much benefit to, but I'm happy for them to be there and available to us all.

Burnham

Detailed reasons? I am still waiting. My responses are clear, conscise, based on facts and sound technical science. Please reread.
You hear what you want. I can't change that. It is up to you.

The money we can save with the RopeKnight has been proven time and time again. Many arbclimbers are winning back lost time and hard earned cash with a technologically advanced rope access tool. I have shown the numbers.

Confidence comes with Knowledge, practice and having a task specific tool that does exactly its purpose. Form and finish...

We are stuck in a technological road block. Roman battle charriots is the basis for how we build space shuttles and rockets of today. Please I will refer you to a book What Technology Wants.
Can you Imagine what a rocket could look like with out these limitations? We can be limited by bias, self interests or other things?
The greatest thing I ahve to share is a new type of freedom a new type of throw weight. We have created a new choice with greater freedom.

Thanks, I also wish you the best of Luck and Happy trails!

As far as the Treepedo goes, it's great if there are no targets around to be destroyed. I've used mine once. I do use the top part (after using a standard throwbag) to pull my climbline up.

I love that part of it.

Burnham

Detailed reasons? I am still waiting. My responses are clear, conscise, based on facts and sound technical science. Please reread.
You hear what you want. I can't change that. It is up to you......
Thanks, I also wish you the best of Luck and Happy trails!

Thomas, YOU reread...post #71 and #74. I'm not going to explain myself to you again. Waste of keystrokes, I fear.

Thanks MB

I hear what you are saying about the dangers.

RopeShield was my first tool for smoothing over the throwline to life or bull ropes.
I then used the RS to smooth over the throwbag and ring for isolating my tips and then found the bag end was still causing me grief.
So then I coupled two RS together so it could be multi-directional.

Your comment about "its great if there are no targets around to be destroyed" .
I will move the non targets and if they are permanantly fixed I can use one of two protectors or
focus more intently or throw lower with less force or use a throwbag and usually in that order. Usually we move everything to set up tarps or cover stuff with garbage cans and recycle buckets before the first limb is cut.

I know its not the best for every situation but it is a great option for many situations.

There have been times I could have used a bag but for me the reward of the Rk is far greater than than the risk of a throw bag. Not every tree and not every time but most definitely with big multi-stemmed trees and large ol conifers that have not been pruned before or are slated for the axe.
Reward being accurate, smooth, fast and easy rope/line postioning. Here in Southern Ontario most of my shots if missed afford a second or third opportunity for a decent tie in or easily retreived back to the throwing zone.
What I experience is where ever I have launched it from, when retrieving, it will land with in 4 to 10' from said launching spot.
Its tethered by a line and its alot like pulling back a slippery and shiney fish.
See what I mean?
Cheers:occasion5:

Proof is in the pudding:yes:. And yes as you can plainly see in the vids it is a substantially marked improvement in all ways. The second video you can see it go slip and flip through some tight crotches and see how smooth and easy it passes around some serious limb wraps. Check it out and if you still don't believe me ! can send you the original video. Aerial Arborist has it up as well. He was sent original vids.You can hear the background sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3MsdMORB6E&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ropearmour?feature=watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5wejEqSE2w

Thomas, you can have all the chances you wish :). But frankly, beyond the Rope Shield function, which makes perfect sense to me as a useful item, I cannot make myself want to even try it.

I am seeing a throw weight that will ricochet mercilessly, and I'm not convinced by your counter that the only thing it will hit in the tree are small diameter branches that will only deflect it and not generate strong bounces off line. I'm certainly not convinced that it will pull free when it does wrap around branches, that defies logic, since in my experience it's the throwline that causes the issue in this situation, not the weight.

I am seeing a throw weight that will be difficult in the extreme to launch with a BigShot, and I'm not convinced by your assertion that careful placement in the "hammock" will take care of this...my BS has a deep pouch shape...no way would the RA fit in it properly at all.

I am seeing a throw weight that will be dangerous to objects around the target tree and to the user himself, and use of the foam cover would seem to negate most of the advantages you tout for the device. Your response that we should move breakables, throw carefully, etc. is laughable to me. Success with throwbag is at best 60-70% skill and the rest is luck. You must be way more lucky than I :).

For the trees I commonly would work in, 12.5 ounces max. weight simply isn't heavy enough to bring the throw weight down in many cases. 14 or 16 is more commonly needed.

The fiddly nature of all the bits and pieces just doesn't appeal. And on your website videos you seem to be implying that I'd want two of them to properly isolate branches. Twice as many little parts to keep track of.

For me to spend the kind of money this item costs, I need to be enthusiastic about the likelyhood it'll prove worthwhile...and that simply isn't the case here.

Of course, I could be wrong...see my sig line :D.

Proof is in the pudding:yes:. And yes as you can plainly see in the vids it is a substantially marked improvement in all ways.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ropearmour?feature=watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3MsdMORB6E&feature=channel&list=UL

He may be a good person but his tree work is dangerous at best. I mean have you seen some of his videos ie: the one where he gets knocked off his peach because he is in the bight of his rigging line, gets nailed in the balls by a limb, his spike prune of an oak in oak wilt territory, use of concrete in a tree, his blatant over charging of customers on supposed "dangerous" trees, almost gets tossed off the top of a pine spar, and his open admission on AS to helping out some drug runners smuggle cocaine, should I continue?
Or how about using a low profile car jack on wheels to jack over a tree.

What I know of him is different.
Mb its all a bit to Hollywood or somethin.

But when the chips were down and I needed help in Pittsburgh with the TCIA expo
AA was kind and generous. He gave up alot to help me out and we were complete strangers.
Super christian in my books. And one of the most interesting humans I ahve ever met.

Sure he has lots to learn, we all do.

"Super christian"....? Never heard the term before. Sounds like one of those religious rock bands that don't do drugs and shat.

What I know of him is different.
Mb its all a bit to Hollywood or somethin.

But when the chips were down and I needed help in Pittsburgh with the TCIA expo
AA was kind and generous. He gave up alot to help me out and we were complete strangers.
Super christian in my books. And one of the most interesting humans I ahve ever met.

Sure he has lots to learn, we all do.

My point is that if you are going to use a person as a reference you better make damn sure they are of character and not full of BS and respected by the tree care world. I would suggest starting a thread over at AS and see what kind of feed back you get on AA and that might change your opinion of the man as far as his creditability is concerned.

Back