intentional barber chair

Because intentional sounds better than: Ooooops! , maybe.

Sometimes it is fun to F things up if it can be done in a controlled way.
I did a root pull a couple of years back, just because we had been discussing it here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can think of 8 reasons...

1. first and foremost its an experiment to see what it takes to BBC a tree and hopefully observation under controlled conditions can lead to some predictability.
8. Lastly because it makes an interesting video...

I stopped over across the street to say hi to my good friends and customers... I've eaten dinner with them many times and walk in the house without knocking etc...
She said "was that you across the street?"... I saw the way that tree came down and thought Daniel would be very upset, that's not the way a tree is supposed to fall"... good observation ;)

If you don't have the video, what is the intention of posting this?
Apart from stroking your ego, that is.

It seems like about all you would need to learn, can be pretty much summed up by an unintentional experience. :O I know it's the quickest way to add the phrase, "barber chair", to your vocabulary.

Because it's there. I can see in a controlled situation just to show some one. Then again there are probably plenty of accident videos on you tube already.

I have the video... just not posting it yet...
stroking the ego goes without saying... LOL
don't you believe me Stig?

I belive you.
Now you have us all begging you to post the video, which I assume was the intention.

SO POST THE FRIGGING THING!!!

I can't think of any good reasons to intentionally BC a tree.

That is because you don't run apprentices.
I've barberchaired dozens, simply to show my appretices how fast it can happen.
Better to learn by seeing an old man run away, than being too late in running for your own life when it happens.
That is why I get a bit short with Mr. Murphy for making this video into a Wait for it...........wait for it.............wait for it......Thing.

...once when I was still a rook I had an Ash 18" dbh with a head lean to fell into a gravel parking area I opted for an intentional wrong way to see it . On a medium windy day I face cut it progressed a back cut and stopped before stem went to favor. I stepped back as the wind worked the top ....craaaaack loud as the split ran 2/3 the trunk and the top swung wildly. Piece of butt at the back shot about twenty feet real fast. No animals were harmed.

Back