intentional barber chair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
for clarity...
high pull line and skid steer are used to induce front lean with enough force to split the trunk... so no one is anywhere near the danger zone.... and no face cut (or undercut) is made...

Without a cut, given the common usage of "barber chair", I wonder if that term would apply? It might be better to call it a Charles Manson, as in helter skelter.

Three pages of nothingness could be termed "a Seinfeld" or a "Cosmo Kramer" :D

Hit that there cone 50'-60' away with no notch.........hmmmmm.

ummm what!? You barber chaired a tree intentionally do you want an award or something? I see it as being foolhardy and bad practice. Ok you did it "safely" still no reason to BC a tree what so ever in a work environment.

My illuminating barber chair experience was cutting a tree that had another leaning on it. A vid of such a situation might have safer informed.

Well atleast the old Murph would troll with a fancy video lure. The new Murph is just lame.

Put up or shut up.

you guys could put up an idea at least...

Here's another one I tried today in a near zero risk situation.. from the bucket of course.. this cut would kill a climber

a little twist in the grain did turn the tree 15-20º from the gun... and the pull line was 15-20º the other direction...

Attachments

• split trunk.jpg
    split trunk.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 55
85-90' tulip, tall skinny thing maybe 26-28" dbh... back cut only (no notch) made half way through, at about 30-35' height.. high pull line ... this is what happens when you tell the skid op to pull it till it breaks...

Back