In The News...

Didn't know that, Jim.
Edelweiss would probably be even worse, then.

No.
We have a bunch of politicians, some of whom are unfortunately in power right now, who don't think much in the way of what'll be good for the country in the long run , but more about how to stay in power.
Sound familiar?

So they haven't really changed their mind about the change over to solar and wind power that we are doing, but decided that some of the money, set aside for that purpose by the former, more left wing government, could be put to better use, by introducing lower taxes for everybody, but mostly for the richest part of the population.

Also known as buying votes.

That is the one thing I don't like about democracy. That you can win votes by dangling that carrot in front of the sheeple.

We're getting our energy supply at somewhere around 58% from wind power, on a good windy day, we are at almost 100%.
We have for decades had an agreement with Norway where they do hydro electric, that they get juice from us in winter, when their rivers are frozen and we get it back in summer.
With all the wind power, we are way less reliant on getting it from abroad.

Same government realized that they were losing voters among the farming community, and decided to change the rules about how much fertilizer can be used per acre, to win more farming votes.
We've had massive pollution of our inner straits and fjord the last 15 years from excess fertilizer being washed out in the rivers.
No matter, fertilizer equals votes, when it comes to farmers.

Bob, our politicians are not a whit better than yours.

No matter what colour, pink or black, they are all the same.

Uh, oh. Stig said sheeple. Mick's gonna get all cross now.

They have been trying to build a wind farm on our place for several years now. Amazing all the backlash from folks about it. Not to worry though. The power company that owns the whole state is having nothing to do with it. So it probably wont happen.

The last plan was to build some sort of Internet data bank and power it with wind towers, but we havent heard from them in a while.

Wonder if anyone is still having a hard time with Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" that will ruin the youth's minds? Frank Zappa isn't around any longer to debate them on music censorship, I mean the ones secretly lusting after children.

A Ballarat grandfather who sliced his face open with a chainsaw has told how he tied his head together before making a desperate dash to hospital. https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/31741546/i-felt-the-chainsaw-blade-going-through-my-jaw/

chainsaw_face_638.jpg

Nasty story, I think the day I put down a chainsaw for the last time (professionally) will not be an unhappy day for me.
Another day I won't cry is the day I stop driving.

I want it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7TNSKqB2yWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back