I'm considering a TreeFlex

Thanks for the feedback re the Tengu soft D's, Nick and Wesley.

I wish I were a better man; I wish I could say to myself, "Both of these talented climbers whom I respect greatly agree that my concerns are not valid"...but I fear neither of you can really relate to the style of climbing I am referring to. I apologize...

But I cannot agree.

As likely as not to my own disservice.

Damn but us climbers tend towards the type A personality, don't we.
:(

Really, thanks again for your opinion...I promise I shall think on it some more.
:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Burnham, why think on it? Act on it!

What is your pants size? You can try my harness out if you'd like. I'd be glad to send it to you for a few weeks/months if you'd like.

love
nick

Burnham, why think on it? Act on it!

What is your pants size? You can try my harness out if you'd like. I'd be glad to send it to you for a few weeks/months if you'd like.

love
nick

I use a size medium Ness saddle, both waist and leg loops...my first was a customized Work Saddle built by Sophia about 8 years ago, new one is a ProGear, which is quite similar to what I speced out back then.

That's a very generous offer, Nick. If you really could spare it for a month or so I'd take you up on it. I'll pm you and we can discuss.
:)

SRT....I dont like a buckle at the waist on the other one. Streamlined fit, well designed, and cheaper then all the "hype" harnesses

really, the two saddles are quite different. The sequoia is a standard harness, while the TF really does fit differently. apples and oranges

I have placed my order for the TreeFlex!! Living in CA, where Bailey's also is, meant I had to pay $35 in sales tax! Final price came to almost exactly $500.

I'll hang in it for a while. If I think this'll make my hips stop hurting, then it's a keeper. Otherwise, $500 is too much to spend to still be dealing with the same issues...

love
nick

Dammit!!! I just called and Doug at Bailey's said they are backed up until June 6th!

I'm thinking for the price of sales tax I could just about order one straight from Europe!

Willie, you might be on to something here. I thought about shipping it to Las Vegas, going and picking it up there, and putting all the shipping money on red!!!

love
nick

I used my New Tribe Tengu all day trimming coconut palms and for the first time, my hips did not hurt. My hips have hurt after a full day of doing palms using Weaver, Miller, Buckingham and the New Tribe Pro.

nick what did you stick the velcro on with just stitch it on?? thats a good idea cause ive got the same problem with my glide, been thinking of upgrading but dont know what to. sequia, tree flex or tree motion, or wait till the new buckingham comes out here in oz

The sequoia cinches up tight above your waist. So in my mind nothing too earth shattering.

The TreeFlex rides on the hip bones. I am able to move a bit more freely.
Just hate the floppy straps. might have to get some velcro out...

Frans, after a while in the Master II, I found a way to lock down the side D. Once I get the TF, I'll have a look at it and see how I might go about locking it down.

NO FLOPPY DEES!!!

love
nick

Once I get the TF, I'll have a look at it and see how I might go about locking it down.

NO FLOPPY DEES!!!

I have the New Tribe Pro Model...the floppy dees do make me nuts sometimes. I haven't studied how to make them static but will be interested to see how you solve your problem.

I really really really really really really really hate hitting my funny bone on my D rings.
Did I say I hate doing that?

Floppy Ds can do that to me.

The TF Ds dont flop around too much really

Back