How'd it go today?

We had a bit of wind last night and my Kestrel nesting box fell down.
Better now than when it is full of young Kestrels.
The female Kestrel that uses the box in winter, was perched in the tree, looking at me with bitter reproach.
Nothing for it but to make new one and hang it up.

P1070302.JPG P1070303.JPG

Replaced the starter in my 1997 Ford chip truck. Poor old thing has been looking pretty rough these last few years. Time to start shopping for her replacement. Ugh!

Old age is rough on trucks.

Ill be on a plane back to the states this evening. I am looking forward to the cold, snow, clean air, and my girls. Its been real India but i gotta go.

Replaced the starter in my 1997 Ford chip truck. Poor old thing has been looking pretty rough these last few years. Time to start shopping for her replacement. Ugh!

I've wondered what it would be like to send a starter for a valued truck to Peter and have it rewound to the highest standard.

Had some time today, so I got to run a saw for a change at work. Nothing really fun. I was cutting vines, and bucking some pine stems that fell so they'd lay flatter. Gave me a chance to inspect everything, and get a feel for what I want it to look like. Next time I get some time, I'll go through with my brushcutter.

Cool birdhouse Stig.

We had a nice Firpig today, 130'x38"dbh. Man at 80' the boys were still cutting the limbs into 3 pieces just to get em out of the backyard. BRUSH PIG, man... filled a 15 yard chip truck, had to dump just to get the last bit in. Raining sideways but still a fun day somehow.
20200121_155030.jpg 20200121_154140.jpg

My Vertex2 paid off as a general construction helmet today. I was walking through the woods, and a stick caught up on my foot. It went up with my step, and I went down. Pretty sure I had both feet off the ground, and I face planted. Well, I would have if I had my old stupid MSA helmet. The Vertex stayed on my head as it hit the ground, and my glasses just brushed the woods debris. I have two sore knees, but didn't get a bloody nose. I suppose I'll call that a win.

Otherwise, it was a routine day laying out creek. Kinda kicked my ass, but I got some stuff done.

Friend of mine had his shed broken into the other night , lost 5 saws a hedge cutter and strimmer. Couple of days later driving his harvester he’s broken the centre pivot joint so she’s dead in the wood, some weeks you just wonder why you do the job.
Stig - hope your feeling better from your encounter with that log, Bob your friend was very lucky but has some healing to do!
Went for my 4th MRI scan tonight, lumber discs causing problems again, sciatic pain down my leg but the opposite one from before. Will see what the consultant comes back with!

Quite the fir there Jed. Is that a 28"bar? Lotta material in those big bushy bastards.

Tore down this little hemlock KIMG0426.JPG

While my one of my guys deadwooded and installed a dynamic cable in this Chestnut oak.
KIMG0425.JPG

Got a few other little removals done and a some limbs over the driveway.
Nice day to get out and do some tree work. Our weather has been a bit bipolar lately...

Back