How'd it go today?

I don't think so Gary...I learned sandbox warfare from my brother, so I am a champ...until I get tired!
Missing s
Suitcase was delivered today, whew,always a good moment when they catch up to you

Trying out a smaller chipper for those jobs where the other one is a fat slobbering hawg that behaves like one of those truck/tractor pull show things the cowboys try to yank.

a9f99af28815a8813d0db5f8aa71ce4a.jpg
9a15be82ffe6a61724b3c3b79de3519d.jpg

I think it's an 8 inch chipper that means 5 inches
I think it's like 30 horse or something like that.
I think it only weighs 2000 pounds though.

No offence but you lot make terrible small chippers.

Edit, just read you've got other things on your mind, good luck to you both:)

Mick, the Americans don't get that we simply haven't got the access they enjoy.
So what they call a small chipper is still large by our standard.

Most of their trucks would have a hard time on some of the narrower roads in our old cities as well.

I understand that of course, it's just that their smaller ones are too heavy and too gutless.

Love their grinders mind, nobody does it better.

True that.
But that was my point, I guess.
That they build great large capacity chippers but haven't the ability to build truly small, light, yet gutsy ones, simply because they've never had to.

Same with their cars. Built for straight highways with room. You build for what you have.

I took 5 big ash trees down by my car mechanics house today, we'll do a swap for repairs.
He has recently done work on some American sports cars and driven them ( Corvette, Mustang), he was just appalled at how badly they drove on our twisted country roads.
Great to look at, great sound, not much else, was his verdict.

He races a Porsche so I guess he might be a bit biased, but still.
I rented a Mustang 2 years ago and was thinking that a VW Golf GT would have chewed the ass off it in the twisties.

Quite, It's interesting that when you put obstacles and limits to engineers (like weight, size and economy) they have to compete with each other in a market place, they come up with ingenious solutions.
A few years back I was given a Jeep Cherokee by my BIL when I first came out here and needed a 4wd (and I've never heard the last of it!) torquey, drove ok but my God it sucked the juice down and the brakes were comically bad, and this was the 4.0 small engine.
And people doubt evolution.....

This is the latest offering by Timberwolf. It weighs less than 750kg, but I was incredibly impressed with how well it chipped. It kept up with 4 guys dragging and feeding with it all day and never once failed to eat what hit the rollers
24d42120b774e979d0dd129d39ef74ec.jpg

9ddc81e0fffcaf9c98f2a1113a226dd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

All chips on site on that job. It's a friend of mines job I'm just helping out on. I never leave chips on site if I can help it

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nice day rain and storms left everything wet no winds so the Homestead burn is going on
f7946361fa1b57f9271dabdc4b57a955.jpg

Man I love my old dog just wants to hang out! Too close sometimes.
Sorry it came through sideways :mad:

Tore my 044 apart for its bi yearly cleaning...bucked some firewood , then mills some redwood slabs and stacked 8k bf of timber..mills cutting great and also saws.lovely day...
20160402_085246.jpg
20160402_085239.jpg

Attachments

• 20160402_085314.jpg
    20160402_085314.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 47
Back