How'd it go today?

You could start anywhere with KOT vids, they are all good, but this one is fun as because he has his 69 yo mother doing the routines. That is kinda like an acid test

Last edited:
Managed to get a 6" concrete core bit stuck when the slug broke off and bound up, then eventually unstuck. Thought i was gonna have start resorting to desperate measures such as hanging rigging or a jack, but we finally worked it out. It also got the core bit stuck on the drill, which needed a 3' pipe wrench with a cheater, come along holding it to a table, with me bouncing on it to get unstuck, and was about to resort to more intense measures with the torch when it finally broke loose. And that was just before lunch! 3rd Monday this week, 2 more to go :lol:

That sucks about the tire, i gotta swap my fronts very soon or that'll be me.

Last edited:
Routine day. Staked some road and made a gradesheet. Debating on building a fire. 57Ā° in the house, but it's gonna start getting warm over the next few days. Having a fire and going to Tshirt weather is lame...

Screenshot_2023-11-02_17-58-35.png

I did put Spot's blankets in her shelter. Still haven't pulled mine out yet. I want to be shivering when I get the blanket. Top sheet only so far...

80Ā°... D^:

52Ā°= frig yea! Fire time!
54Ā°= Do I have to go anywhere in a couple hours? No? Fire time.
57Ā°= I almost feel chilly. Kinda rainy and wet out. I'll make a quick fire, maybe open the door.
60Ā°= Perfect for just sitting around. Kinda hot for vacuuming or stuff like that.
65Ā°= A little warm. Life could be worse I guess.
70Ā°= Must be women here, cause it's too damned hot.
75Ā°= Fire's out of control, thermostat's broken, or someone insane's operating the HVAC.
80Ā°= Are you friggin' kidding me?!

I was walking my property and noticed the berries on an ERC were especially bright blue. I picked a couple to eat(I always do when I see them), and they were the sweetest I've ever had. Noticeably very sweet. Someone with more imagination than me could make something pretty good with them.They're generally a bit bitter, with a little astringency.
What is ERC?

Eastern Red Cedar. ERC seems well known with tree people, so I use that instead of typing it all out. I use "cedar" talking to locals, but it's imprecise/inaccurate with a national/global audience.

Home today. Ended up lighting a fire. Feels good. Got a Swedish candle prepped for tonight. Looks like it's gonna be a sparkling evening. Nice to spend some time outside.

I went to put the stock tabs back on my older vertex vent(I used the attachment tabs on my new helmet), grabbed the new ones, but they didn't fit the old helmet. Same helmet, different part# on the tab, and a different size. What's strange, is the attachment plates came off my old helmet, and they fit fine on the new helmet. I hate when companies do that. When something changes, it should be noted in the name. There's at least three vertex vent variants so far, and the only way to know what you have is by date, or not at all in the case of the helmets I have. My two should be identical, but aren't. My newest does fit better. It should be noted in the name. Call it Vertex Vent V3(or whatever version they're on.

Home today. Ended up lighting a fire. Feels good. Got a Swedish candle prepped for tonight. Looks like it's gonna be a sparkling evening. Nice to spend some time outside.

I went to put the stock tabs back on my older vertex vent(I used the attachment tabs on my new helmet), grabbed the new ones, but they didn't fit the old helmet. Same helmet, different part# on the tab, and a different size. What's strange, is the attachment plates came off my old helmet, and they fit fine on the new helmet. I hate when companies do that. When something changes, it should be noted in the name. There's at least three vertex vent variants so far, and the only way to know what you have is by date, or not at all in the case of the helmets I have. My two should be identical, but aren't. My newest does fit better. It should be noted in the name. Call it Vertex Vent V3(or whatever version they're on.
I hate the unnotified changes too. Generally, it seems as though the product get consecutively poorer made while standing on the reputation of the first inception.

Back