How'd it go today?

A little dizzy at the start today. Like having the coordination of being drunk without the mental deficit. It's been a couple years since I've had that. Some kind of inner ear thing that happens when it's hot. Might be an allergy of some kind. Not as bad as it's been at times in the past, and should disappear in a couple weeks if it stays at all. Otherwise, it was a humid boring day, but not exceptionally hot.
How is your hydration?

Recharged the AC on the deisel yesterday after a vacuum test. Hoping it holds. I have a couple extra parts for it on the 4x4 if needed. The compressor on the Yukon died so it needs done to have AC. Hope this works so we have at least on vehicle we can keep cool in. Levi wants to test his and see if he can make it work. As does Rob. None of my work trucks, for years , have had AC. As I am getting older, it would be nice at the end of the day to go home in.

How is your hydration?
Excellent. I'm pretty sure it's an inner ear thing. The worst time it happened I almost knocked myself out. I was coming out of a cellarway, looked up, and everything spun fast and I slammed my head on the bilco doors. Think of the worst spinning drunk you've been, then multiply that by 10. That's what it was like, Everything spun 100mph, and I lost track of where I was. Only happened when I looked up. Good thing. My task at at that point was painting an old farm house, and all my time was on a ladder at the second story. I climbed slow, and *didn't look up*. Also held on tight to the ladder, but I'm not sure what good it would have done if I had an episode like bilco doors. I've never been so disoriented. Kind of amazing the tenuous grip on physics the body has. One thing out of order, and that's it.

I've experienced, when laying down if i arch my neck backward, i feel some kind of dizzy, nausea feeling, in bed or under my truck. Goes away readily.
Maybe part of aging.

Bodies are strange.

Yea, I think there's an age component there somewhere. I have no recollection of anything like it in my life til ~2012. Dunno what changed. It's very limited, so I don't worry about it, but it would suck if it became a regular thing. Dunno if it's something that could be adapted to, but spending your life falling over and running into walls would be the worst. I think I'd rather lose a leg or arm.

That's pretty cool Burnham. I like that it has a name, and is understood. Looks like it can be corrected if it gets worse/unmanageable.

I had an episode like that back in the middle of winter. Had to shuffle to the house and hit the couch. Thought of stroke, but no weakness or numbness.

Told my doctor. He said probably inner ear. I think he might not have believed the severity of it. Felt poorly half a day and still a bit off the next. Nothing since.

Dont get old!!! :rockhard:

On the topic of inner ear- for the past few months I have the weirdest thing going on in one ear- periodically thru the day but especially at night when I lie down to go to sleep, it feels like there's a bug in there or a wild hair or something. It can't be either of those cuz it's been going on too long. I should get it checked out but anyone hear have a take on it?

Maybe earwax cory, but I wouldn't think it would last months. You could try irrigating your ears with warm water. Hold a cup under your ear to catch the water coming out, and see if you see anything.

I don't think it's earwax cuz I have them cleaned approx 1x/year.

Sticking a finger in and creating a suction effect when pulling it back out helps a bit, and pulling the top of the ear up and down helps a bit.

In the next town over is the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, and throughout the 2 main roads through it are Turtle X-ing signs. I've saved 3 or 4 there myself over the years and constantly see many others driving through. It sucks when it's a Snapper, because sometimes you can't encourage them nasty things to move faster.
Grab them by the tail, at the end of the tail, they can't bite your hand then. Also keep them at arms length!

I pushed a snapper across the road once also. Was taking my daughter to school and saw him in the middle of the road. His back was cracked from hitting the undercarriage of cars he was so big. I pushed him with a survey stake, and he wasn't having any of it. Dug in his nails, and hissed loud. I got him off the road, and he could get to the creek if he chose to. Dunno how he made out with a broken shell, but I did what I could do.

I saw someone swerve to hit a box turtle once. It was safely(ish) on the shoulder and I was looking at it in my rearview mirror, and the guy behind me swerved to hit it.

I also saw a dead duck under suspicious circumstances not real far from the turtle, but many years later. A truck had driven off shoulder and sunk deep. That left deep ruts that collected water, and a pair of ducks decided to call it home, right on the edge of the shoulder. I watched them for a 2-4 weeks every time I drove by. One day, the drake was dead at the shoulder edge. He could have gotten hit in the road, and rolled there, but knowing piece of shit humans as I do, someone probably aimed for him. Both of those fuckers should be executed.

Back