How'd it go today?

Bushwhacking's pretty satisfying. I was on the fence about getting a big brushcutter, but I find the machine useful, and the work enjoyable. It does kick your ass after awhile though. Careful when you start running a saw with your fuxxored hand. The saw might not end up where you intend.

Turns out I'm off tomorrow. That'll be my first 8hr day since memorial day :^P

Supposed to be hot as hell(93°), so that's a drag. Otherwise, it would be a good time to play in my pin oak. I'll see what it's like in the morning. If it's cool enough, I might get out there first thing, and since it's on my right hand neighbor's side, I can run a saw with a clear conscience due to their consistent noise over the last... 15 years? Time flies when you're getting old...

Was it here that I learned about Otter Pops?

Seems like a conversation about things tasting better when you were a kid........with lxskllr?

Anyway....of all things.....found some "giant" original otter pops at the store today.

Bought a box.

Was in the check out line with the whole family when an older gentleman....probably in his mid 60's....asked "where in the hell did you find Otter Pops?"

The look on his face was priceless.

He was pretty stoved up so the wife scampered down the isle and got him the last box.

It was kinda neat.

These Otter Pops must be really special!

We never had them growing up....we had the lower rent version with the Penguin on the box.

I like that story......

March-19-2012-14-59-29-wannaknowhowigotthesescars.jpg

Famous Grouse is good. That's what I get if I want to save some money, or I'm just not sure exactly what I want.

Weekend's off to an auspicious start... My garden lantern quick working right, and it had taken on a bit of water so I took it down yesterday, cleaned the bottle, installed a new battery, and went out to put it up this morning. The shepherds crook holder I had fished out of the trash was loose. It had a bend in the bottom, and I didn't properly straighten it the first time. Today, I tried hammering it in with a piece of wood, and I did something to my left hand/wrist. It got tweaked hammering the steel.

I had already decided against climbing today, but perhaps tomorrow or Sunday... Not sure if that'll happen now :^/

The kid had a fever the last two days, stopped yesterday morning.

Normally, just adjust my schedule a bit, but more concern in the age of Covid-19. No other symptoms aside from some lethargy.

Kinda frightening these days man, I truly hope she’s ok and that she’s already over what was just a little bug.

The kid had a fever the last two days, stopped yesterday morning.

Normally, just adjust my schedule a bit, but more concern in the age of Covid-19. No other symptoms aside from some lethargy.
Been feeling a bit sluggish myself lately (more than normal). Slept over 12 hours last night, woke up twice during the night covered in sweat. No specific symptoms today, just feeling lazy.

I'm getting trolled by my garden lantern. I reset it up with the other set of lights I had(it came with two sets), and I'm trying to figure out why the old ones don't work. I had a bad led(I think), so I clipped the string short. That works well, mostly... When the solar unit faces the table, the lights light. When I tip it up, the lights go off. When on the table, I can't even get them to flicker probing everything with a toothpick. I'm not sure what's going on here. It's not a complicated device...

Y'all gonna laugh at this... You know what tipping the unit up does? It allows light to hit the sensor, and turns the lights off :^D

In my defense, I really did have a problem, and I think taking the switch apart fixed it, but in the middle of screwing with it, I forgot how it worked, and confused :^D

I REALLY enjoyed following that whole boat saga.
Learned a lot from it, too.

It sure came out nice.

Back