How'd it go today?

Wow, I've heard that tropical wood doesn't have growth rings, but never seen any before.

Long day. Big assed Norway Maple take down, long day. Picked up that splitter after work, it's mint. Had to rescue a buddies cat out of a tree at 8:00, currently checking my e-mail then hitting the sack!

Busy day today, many jobs. Broke some lattice, tickled some powerlines but in the end all was good. Taking a three day weekend this weekend(sort of, quotes and money collecting tomorrow). A well needed rest and re-charge is what's on for the rest of the weekend.

Dropped and chipped a bunch of little oaks again today... Lady was happy and excited to do more. I guess we have a job two days a month over there for ever more. Nice when the HO thanks us up and down and appreciates what we do. Makes the job something to look forward to. Got paid and went and did an estimate on some storm damaged removals. Couple of days worth in her front yard and I believe I will be removing a small pondo for her as well. Good day but I am pretty worn out.

Finished the seasonal work on my 6 foot flail mower ..Sharpened the knives ,about 40 - 45sets .It's a nuisance but neccessary .Sharp knives to that thing is the same as a sharp chain on a saw .Dull robs power so badly and just beats the grass instead of cutting it .

Did a lot of climbing today. Cutting back the tips of a Hickory over the driveway, dead wooded three Maples and cut them back over the house wires.

The neighbors cable line ran through this persons property, pretty weird setup actually. I knocked it off the neighbor house where it's on that J hook thing. Boy he comes out pist off. You just knocked my f'ing power out. Hmm sir, that was your cable TV. Oh he says. Asked the name of the company, I told him I'll hang it back up when I get down. Hung it back up, it wasn't disconnected so not sure if he has his cable back or not? He wasn't home when I left and didn't come back out after I re-strung it so who knows.

Did a CDF required weed eat up the road from us. Dropped two bull pines 16 and 24 DBH for burning next year. Limbed up a ponderosa and Rob did a few baby pondos for the guy. Stopped at the neighbors to see what else she wanted besides the CDF weed eat tomorrow and landed two oak removals over structures. Now off to the bank. Probably finish rebuilding an FS250 when I get back. Not a bad day :)
Oh and I inherited 2 saws and a weed whacker from the HO to boot. One is a McCullough with a JD badge I believe. I will look further at them this evening. :)

Free stuff is so nice. I killed a maple, a crabapple, and three stumps. Also replaced a blown hydraulic line on the chipper that let go today and got two more referral estimates to run not a bad day.

I killed a huge laurel oak in the back yard of a very exclusive area of Winter Park. I had to access the tree from the next door neighbor's driveway which went down the side of the lot to the garage in back. The driveway was about 7'6" wide and my truck is 8' wide plus mirror overhangs. There was a 12' viburnum hedge down one side of the driveway, an electronic gate and a rock garden/goldfish pond on the other side. And there were two curves as well. It took about 45 minutes to get the truck into position and then it took an hour to back it out at the end of the day. I had to stop several times and use the rear outriggers to kick the back tires over one way or the other. We had to cut a half dozen stems out of the hedge as well.

We had a crane to get the big wood out. He set up out front and could barely reach the front trunk. He was only good for about 1000 lbs so we just took small chunks. I bombed down the back lead and they were able to pick up a lot of the bigger stuff off the ground with the crane. It was truly a huge undertaking and I forgot my camera. :cry:

The bottom 15' or so was MS880 territory. I had to dump the tank and refill it with fresh gas because it hasn't been run in 6 months and was sputtering. Even with fresh gas it wasn't as strong as I remember, I think the Husky 395 is faster (with 10" less bar).

Anyway, I'm whooped. Trying to decide what I want for dinner but too tired to worry about it for a little while longer.

Amongst other things, I called Bounce today.... and got redirected to his answering machine. sheesh!

LOL.

Back