How'd it go today?

Finally got my two acres out front mowed .It was about like a hay field .

Worked my butt off changing a rear tire on the Fergy .Got it off and maybe get the other one on tomorrow .Cheap azz tire ,made in 1951 most likely and gave up the ghost already .

That damned old tire had tube showing 4 places .It was time .:lol:

Actually the replacement is a take off from my other Fergy ,about 40 percent tread left .That's what I want .New tires would tear the dickens out of my ground mowing .If I need some bite in the woods I just chain it up .

Removed that pine and could only fit five logs on my truck, drove home pulling a wheelie:D The county arborist had me leave two trees that should have come down. I suppose he couldn't see the major cavity in either as the vines were thick, but now my name is on the job and all who drive by can say WTF took out the best:X
set up the bucket did some trimming and moved it to reset it as they wanted more and will be setting up again in the am for one more Lil branch, so glad the job is paying well for the aggravations.

Easyish day. Dropped and loaded an old rotton Beech stalk, followed by and apple prune, then a bunch of misc pruning. After work I helped the boss and his friend move a shed, as I owed him a favor. Went back to my parents to grab my equipment then went to my house. Chipped up a tree I dropped the other day, then cleaned up and planted 6 more Hemlocks. Watered everything and was finished by 9:00.

Five small jobs thirteen hours and I am spent. Again nothing fun or even worthy of talking about but I have a few estimates for some bigger gigs coming up so hopefully one or all of them come through.

I started out this morning by working on a speech for my college's alumni association pre-graduation banquet on Thursday. Around mid-day, I ran out and took care of a few errands, and visited with my uncle. I wrapped up my day with more paperwork and picking up my brother from school. Tomorrow, it looks like I've got business to take care of out of town, and Thursday should be relaxing with a business meeting with my Great-Uncle in regards to his estate, followed by a haircut, and the banquet that evening.

Dropped a decent sized fir with P. pini conks all over it to start the day. Drilled 4 western hemlock to check for advanced laminated root rot in an area around a playground where we cleared out all the fir. Hemlock were bad, too. Adios-ski. Flew the bucket around a bit. Looked at some hatchet damage--I'd like to smack those parents that let kids hack on live trees in campgrounds, especially huge maples.

Highlight was watching my 58 year old crew boss climb 75-100' up a old-ish growth Doug-fir for some deadwood over a campsite. The ranger wanted to see him climb, so he did it, rather than sending me up. If I can pull that off at 58 YO, and hopefully not at 250 pounds, I'll be stoked.

7 big doug-fir to fell tomorrow by a historic residence due to laminated root rot, then maple pruning from the bucket. Looking forward to it.

Found out today my car is totaled, figure I'll replace it with an F250 or a srw F350.

Got two new tires for the goose neck this afternoon, did office stuff this morning. Things are pretty backed up currently, thankfully we're doing tree work the next two days.

Solo day of ground pruning, jamming with my ipod phones inside my muffs. Easy day, gotta go back for aerial stuff at the end of the week into Saturday. Gorgeous day, trucks a mess so I'm headed out to bath it.

I met my new neighbor this afternoon. The house next door has finally been rented after sitting empty for over a year. Cute 20 something mom with a little boy about 3-4 I would guess. Not sure if there's a husband yet, only met her so far. Oh, to be 20 years younger and know what I know now. :|:

Teach her what you know now, it counts. :D

Rounded off my day with installing a new muffler and air filter on Scott's log trailer. ;)

Did/won a bid on the way home too. Thinking of going out to eat tonight, have to discuss vacation plans with Ashly.

Got up late which is unusual .Did get the tractor tire back on after going 4 places to find a danged inner tube .Had to do a hillbilly fix on the tire ,booted that relic .Now that might sound odd but I've gotten as much as tweny years out of a half fast fix like that .

I met my new neighbor this afternoon. The house next door has finally been rented after sitting empty for over a year. Cute 20 something mom with a little boy about 3-4 I would guess. Not sure if there's a husband yet, only met her so far. Oh, to be 20 years younger and know what I know now. :|:

:lol:

Started off with a notch and drop queen palm, decided to help the groundies out to get to some nice trim jobs, slipped while dragging fronds and tweaked the hell out of my shoulder. Hey Brian, I should stop by so you can introduce me to your new neighbor, I could use a good back and shoulder rub.

Did you offer to prune her bush..es.:D

Brushed out 5 big lombardy poplars today...I was running the ropes and Chris was cutting from the 75.' The danged trees were planted in '72 and the smallest one was 36" and 80' tall! Had to rig the first 2 and then mostly pulled big tops from the last 3. Got to go back tommorrow and crane out the wood. Hell of a day, I am beat!

Solo day of ground pruning, jamming with my ipod phones inside my muffs. Easy day, gotta go back for aerial stuff at the end of the week into Saturday. Gorgeous day, trucks a mess so I'm headed out to bath it.

I did that today as well. Cleaned up a big ol' excavator mess. You know how they do. Push everything over, then decide it's too much for them to do. The tunes help.

We knocked down 8 good sized doug-fir with laminated root rot next to what might be a CCC house. Bucket-wrecked a 70'ing tall but narrowish bigleaf maple, which had lost a main lead the past, likely in a storm, near the parking lot, and is infected with ganoderma.

Bucket-wrecking if fun!

Would have wholesale felled it back into the woods, away from the parking area and shelter, but I noticed that there was a 10' ornamental deodar cedar in the LZ, in a State Park. Out of place. Thankly I investigated, and on the far side was a memorial plaque. A strange thing to memorialize, the 50 year anniversary of the death of a US president (don't remember who). Seems like memorializing someone's birthday would be better than their death day.

Well... Just finished my day...
Slash and burned on a project we start chipping tomorrow. Dropping shat loads of little live oaks to thin it out and make room for the more significant trees and large manzanita. A lot of clean up as well. The place sits in that band of elevation the wet snow and high winds did so much damage this winter. The Echo pole saw came out of the shop yesterday only to act up today.. The mechanics hooked up the throttle wrong and missed a few loose bolts. Not to mention they broke one bolt and rigged something different to work while we wait for new bolts on order. So I fixed that after I got the kids fed, bathed and to bed. Returning call after call tonight and landed a couple more tree jobs. Referred out some more of the weed wacking to someone else. I have enough projects on my books now to go until September.

I finished a bowl for my Nephew in Tennessee, yesterday after work. Made from a piece of pecan that I took out at his house. Almost finished the apartment job.

Attachments

• Photo672.jpg
    Photo672.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 4
Back