How'd it go today?

Had my first day in court as an 'expert'. It went great, my commish was super impressed with my performance:D

In the afternoon I had an interview with a newspaper reporter that also went well.

These kinds of things are not what I signed up to do and I dread them when they come up, but mostly I've been handling myself well.

Greg Mosman, the silver tongued devil. :P

My day started poorly. I showed up at my scheduled job to find I was the only one there. The homeowner looked confused and said "I didn't hire anybody to cut the trees today". The guy who scheduled me didn't return my repeated calls until after 9am. He denied scheduling me, although that is exactly why I keep a calendar/ schedule book. I told him he owed me a minimum call charge for wasting my time. :X

I salvaged the day by doing another job originally scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, then had another call on a split tree on a mobile home which I handled. I still made a full day's pay regardless. :thumbup:

Had my first day in court as an 'expert'. It went great, my commish was super impressed with my performance:D

In the afternoon I had an interview with a newspaper reporter that also went well.

These kinds of things are not what I signed up to do and I dread them when they come up, but mostly I've been handling myself well.

Cool! My wife is urging me to join ToastMasters.

Day went ok. Just more brushing in a creek bed. All up hill dragging so we are beat. It got hot and humid so we called it at 5 hours. Bunch of calls to make.. So it all works... :)

Been in backyards this week, tiny drop zones, long haul to the chipper, grumpy HO, lots of overhang & limbs tangled in wires. Got 5 trees trimmed today, thats the best so far since we started this job.

Wife just said a tree fell on my mothers house so headed out to look at it. I asked if it was one of the small ones. She said NO.

The crane guy and I went to a house and removed what they call a "Black Pine" here, 'cept we didn't use a crane. The getting on up in years lady who lived alone there, made a wicked soup for lunch, and gave us a gift case of beer and big sack of home grown beans when we left.

She screamed from the porch when the tree got topped, I thought she was having a heart attack, the poor dear. :/:

Walked over to take a look at the fallen tree next door. 14" dbh Cherry.
Its one of 4 growing together. There is no root system except for the 1/4 it was growing in.
House is fine and if it falls further(I doubt it) it will roll out into the field. I'll pull it over and cut it up tomorrow after work, and probably take down another one that could possibly hit the house if it let go.
Looks like I'll be burning some Cherry this year.:what:

Attachments

• Cherry.jpg
    Cherry.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 8
  • P8190043.jpg
    P8190043.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 8
linked two jobs....bid one one the way home

layed hands on my new boat anchor...then had a moment of silence. Too bad it aint magnesium, or I might consider burning it!

Looks like resprouts. Roots are almost always sketchy on those. Doesn't look near as bad as somebody made it sound. ;)

John, sorry your truck motor was such a lemon. Most of those 7.3s are rock solid.

Looks like resprouts. Roots are almost always sketchy on those. Doesn't look near as bad as somebody made it sound. ;)

Yeah, have a whole fence row of them. Usually only cut the Grapevines off and just let them keep growing.

Been burning Apple for many years and got spoiled. Orchard owners aren't cutting anymore, just bulldozing & burning everything.:cry:

I did my removal for the Army Corps today. Everything went good. Not quite done, I still have to drive up there and bring my tractor/loader home. I'm thinking I will do it tomorrow seeings how I don't have any work. It was a valley oak and I was going to try and save the trunk for lumber but it had a crack right in the middle so I made an executive decision and cut it all up for firewood. I got three loads in my dump trailer.

You can come out here and get some basswood CSV, a truck load might get you through these cold August nights.:lol:

Kindling... will help start the next wood going in ;)
But I know people that will take all ya got. As long as it's free.. LOL
This is the Appalachia of CA up here. Willow and China tree are game as well..

Rained off and on all day, just had another storm come threw. Getting ready to head into Wichita tomorrow, trucks are pretty much ready, just need to change stump grinder teeth in the morning.

Back