How'd it go today?

Yeah... Somethings it's just best to let someone else fix it, so you can get back in business. I'd be forever trying to do some of that stuff.

Landed another 2 plus day job today off a referral. Should turn into a regular job once a quarter until 6 of 11 acres is cleared. She had a county guy that does side work do her trees. I've watched the guy in action, good climber and he leaves behind a good product. She's lucky to even get him as busy as he is.
Saw the crew from the fire counsel today and they are busy as all get out also. They are looking for a weed eating bid for the new grant coming in. Told them no TY as I would have to drop all my existing clients to fulfill the obligations. Be interesting to see who might land it, not like there is a lot of labor force to pull on up here. Just keeping a crew together can be a nightmare here.
Ran into our other landscaper (besides the one selling out) here in town and talked about the one guy (his competition). This guy and I go way back from when I was new to the area. And we refer clients back and forth. Shed some light on some things and it always nice to chat with him. He's doing real well too. :)
Just a nice day. New pasture fenced. Now Rob and I are going to lay out a deck. Katy and the boys are up in Yosemite for the day on a kids hike :) Should be lovely up there with the meadow and the dogwood blooming :)

Big oak removal

I got the go ahead on a big live oak removal today. The trunk measures 18 feet in circumference! About 60 feet tall with a 120 foot canopy spread. It has a heavy lean over a fairly new house and warehouse/garage. We tried to get this tree removed 3 years ago before they built and the county would not issue a permit claiming the tree was not hazardous. Now it's showing more signs of decay on the trunk and root system. So, we're applying for another permit. Hope it goes through this time. These poor folks can't sleep at night if the wind is blowing for fear of the tree coming down. I bid it at $10,000; one of the most expensive trees I've ever done.

Crazy weather up here isn't it Erik.

BTW, that guy you know called me, seemed like he was in a shit mess. I gave him two people who might be able to help, as I'm busy at the moment. Thanks though.

Tomorrow I'm going to the beach, haha.

shut down while dumping chips:X engine position sensor went caput. 45 min later...we were rollin. managed to get the crane job done...mondays:/:

brett...need some help? I have been workin on my tan, and florida could even it out for me...I have a 42"bar...LJ has a 6 footer I think.

I could help ya out if you were a tad closer:D

Took the new truck out today, it worked good for an hour and the pony motor died. Got it home and dinked around a bit till I found the broken wire. Back to try it again tomorow

Attachments

• 090's 003.jpg
    090's 003.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 13
Hey since everyone else is getting in on this monster in florida, I have a 60inch bar for my 880 and a 660 with a 42inch. Plus I could bring my stump grinder.

Are you flying this one with a big crane, or is the lz Big enough? I think if we all tried hard we could round up several grcs's.

Lots of things went wrong today but we still managed to get done. Jim drove the truck and didn't do a walk around and squished my climbing saw. Its fixable, mainly just a broken air filter, cover and the piece below the filter. Later in the day a customer called and had found my number three guy's saddle at the job site. Doesn't this all sound so professional? Its been like this recently. I hope our stupid streak is coming to an end.

A friend of ours passed away about 6 years ago and left his bicycle to my daughter. She doesn't have a car in SF and she called me up a while back and asked if I could bring her Tom's bicycle. I took it to a bike shop and they put new brakes, seat, grips, tires, and I bought a lock for it. I delivered it to my kid this afternoon and took her shopping at Target for stuff for her trip to London. Just got back.

OM I called a client a few years back and asked him "would you check under your tree and see if there is a little chainsaw there?". That's embarrassing.

Sorry Darin, sounds like my luck!:lol:

Went and talked to a company about a job, I didn't get a good vibe, we'll see.
Ordered new glasses, maybe I will be able to see next week:D
Took mom, dad and Bubba to check out my sisters flooded basement this afternoon. It wasn't as bad as she had been told. It should clean up easy.

I worked on a oak that fell and was tangled in another oak. First time climbing since I buggered my right foot and I was working solo, so I took it at a mellow pace.

When I think I'm ready to try and cut the top free (catching the log with rigging) I realize I left the winch and handle of the GRCS at the house. Annoying but not a huge deal, I needed to tithe to the porcelain god anyway.

Got the winch, hopefully the tree will get some act right and not bugger anything.

Back