How'd it go today?

No, not both, her and her sister started a "company" aimed at flipping houses. I go in buisness to make money, not loose it. It's a sore subject.

Re smiling. I wasn't exactly thrilled about any of it at the time. Come to think of it, I am not sure I am thrilled now:lol:

A great time to be flipping!:?

A great time to be flipping!:?

Ever wondered why I am such a pessimist Mike?:lol:

This is over a year sitting on it, now it's an "emergency" because there is a contract on it. But that doesn't mean they will buy it, and I guess they have already discounted the price and.......................................

Sam Kinison: "Ok Joe, yeah, next time you see me. Yeah, I'm out in the yard mowing or trimming the hedge. Yea, yea, just KILL MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! GET IT OVER FOR GOD's SAKE MAN!!!"

Get to look at my wife's "investment house" and see what I need to do to get it to pass inspection:?

FINALLY the suit:

All I can say.. Dress for Suckcess HA HA

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fW_QCRGvT-g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fW_QCRGvT-g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

;);)

Today was a eye opener for me. Came in high bidder by double the low bid and quite a bit more than the second place bidder too. Not a huge job at all but just suprised is all. I'm new to the scene here still so I don't know if things get real tight this time of year locally or what. I can't see myelf being that off on this job.

You've been unusually accident prone this year, Stumper. :what: Your head still foggy from your cold last week, or what?

And I hate when I get like that. Sometimes I'll have several days in a row with hours and hours of perfect execution, but one little fuckup every single day that costs me enough to hurt. :whine:

Too busy....and too much crap in this location. I was moving fence panels and finagling every which direction. I was watching the other fence because I thought I was ready clear of the one I crunched.

That sucks running into stuff. My uncle asked me the other day why I backed up so slowly. I said it was so when I ran into stuff it didn't do much damage.:lol:

Everybody that I told I'd do work for actually expects me to do that work even though there aren't enough days in the week. The problem is that I keep saying yes to new work because I am waiting for the bottom to drop out from under me. My wife is busier than me and neither of us seems likely to catch up anytime soon. One customer with an absolutely huge willow I said I'd take down in winter had the nerve to call me today expecting that I could get to his job now that it is winter. To meet his expectations, I am going to have to see if I can convince any guys to work with me next Saturday on the Holliday weekend. I can't work next Friday because Kathi needs to work and school will be out so I have to watch the kid. Another tree guy called to say that he has an easy in on some road clearing work that will start the second or third week of December. I hope I can be caught up by then.

I know too much work is a good problem to have but it has been going on for a while now and I think I need to have a breakdown or something. I'd like to take Haley for a road trip out to California to visit friends, relatives and to see all the cool stuff in the Bay Area. I mentioned that to my wife and she wants to go too. When the trip includes her, the level of expense, complications and planning rise to the point of ruining the whole point of going on a road trip.

Sorry for bitching.

Darin, remind him that winter doesn't officially start until December 22. We're still in autumn. Tell him you'll be there Christmas eve. ;)

I tried to put him off to December but he's worried about my truck putting ruts in his yard when the ground is wet. I was hoping to wait until the ground froze. Trying to predict the weather here is tough as no two years that I have been here have been the same.

I thought I was making a cool Tarzan swing down onto branch I was going to tie off and one of my testiculars got pinched hard diminishing the coolness of the procedure. I am still living with the pain.

ouch....hope its not the same color and size as a lenticular....

on top of Mt Rainier....

Devon, sorry I missed you on Skype earlier today. Maybe I can catch up to you over the weekend.

I hear you about trying to get lots of work finished up before Winter sets in, I am in the same boat. Balancing that fine line between fair price and fair pressure to the client to get jobs. Heck, March is just around the corner! I will try to be optomistic. In the mean time I will spend my down time playing and hanging out with my boy (and my wife of course) , thats quality time :D

Going out today in 16 degree weather to help a few climbing buddies harvest mistletoe. The cool part though, it's on the Henry Clay Estate, and we get free coffee and hot chocolate!!

Nice MB. Thanks for the avatar. I'll upload a new one here when I get back from the climb.

I goofed off yesterday. Did a bid and then went out to my cousin's to pick up my pressure washer and ended up shooting the bull for a couple of hours. I have a pile of brush, wood and chips here that I add to when I'm dumping on the weekend because the recycling place is closed, or if I'm going in the opposite direction I'll dump here to get going. I loaded up a few loads of that stuff into my dump trailer and took it to the dump. The stuff is a lot lighter after it's been sitting around for a couple of months.

Waiting for the SIL to call so we can do a walk through on the house.
I have a FORTY THREE page inspection report and a three page contract to look through as we go.:?

Have fun Andy!! :P

I have a 10:30 estimate appt then an hours drive to pick up the 30 plants for mondays install. Steak for dinner, grey cup on tv tomorrow.

Hey Rangerdanger, Who are the two guys in the pic with you?

The guy on the left looks like Crusty the Clown.

Attachments

• rangerdanger-.jpg
    rangerdanger-.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 51
Back