How'd it go today?

i agree with the 2 above posts darin. your insurance ? 8/ time to be to busy me thinks

I appreciate the sentiment guys. Tanager Tree Service seems to be moving under its own power right now. My plan is to kick some serious butt this summer and stuff enough money aside that next winter I won't have to resort to such measures. I think it took three quarters last year to make a profit. This year I am already looking to be in the black.

I had a good day today ,I had Steve Bullman with me today ,we reduced a big beech [well Steve did ] I buggered up on the price[money isn't everything] chit happens,but the tree came out A1..

The tea flowed nicely ,the weather was good ,the tree looked well ,the company wasn't bad,we even had fish and chips....:D

I think Steve took a picture or two of the tree..

This year I am already looking to be in the black.

Darin, that is great!

I went to the mainland (Miami) today. Don't know why anyone would live in a big city; the traffic, the people, the crowds, I just don't get it anymore. To think I grew up a city girl through and though, it is just not for me anymore.

It was a necessity today though, we needed something you just can't buy on the internet. We bought new dinner plates, something you just have to touch and feel. Really, after today, I think I would order a couple over the net, then send back what we didn't like and order more of what we did like.

My new rule: Only reason to go to Miami, is to get on a plane to go to another island.

Went to do a quick removal this morning with the bucket. Got there, got all set up, jumped in the bucket and raised up. Then the damn thing wouldn't turn left! I could raise and lower both booms and I could turn right, but I could not turn left using the control lever in the bucket. I came down and was able to operate the boom from the lower controls. Folded it up and climbed the removal instead.

This afternoon I went out to see my house mover client. He's got one getting moved tomorrow morning about a mile. I jumped in the bucket of his loader and he drove me along the route while I whacked tree limbs for 17' height clearance and 42' width. Not real tough but I tend to work at a brutal pace and we were at it for about 4 hours straight in order to clear the streets along the route. Here's some pictures of the house they are moving.

The last picture is a rocket launch from Kennedy Space Center that I saw going up just as I was grabbing the camera to get pictures of the house. I thought it was a spectacular sight with the setting sun behind me.

I had to cover up an access hole that went under the house. Because it is a visible area to the public I had to make it look decent. It should have taken 2 hours at the most, took 3.5. I've come to the conclusion, a powder actuated nailer must have a trigger to be useful when working in odd positions. :pissed:

What I have:
2862180.jpg

What I will will replace it with
RS22.jpg

I got the panel mounted, so now I am going to get these wet and muddy jeans off and get into the shower.

So what was stopping your turntable from rotating?

Dunno, it seems to be something in the upper control valve. Everybody is closed until Monday so I'm SOL until I can get someone to look at it. I have a big crane removal job booked for Wednesday also, so it's not very good timing. :(

Jay, is that one of them 22 caliber nail drivers? cuz if so I say SWEET. thats like using dynamite to cut down trees. sounds like a lot of eff you enn.

:)

I had the same thing happen to me Brian. It turned out to be air in the line. We had to bleed the line to get it to work again. I pruned a tree while only being able to turn one direction. I got it done.

Jay, is that one of them 22 caliber nail drivers? cuz if so I say SWEET. thats like using dynamite to cut down trees. sounds like a lot of eff you enn.

:)

Yes those are .22 caliber's.

Let me break it down.First, grab safety glasses. Drag out cords for a hammer drill(if I had one) drill the holes, install anchors, secure the item with fasteners, or put in ear plugs, load a fastening pin or stud, load the cartridge and secure item to the wall, floor or ceiling with a quick, semi-loud, bang. :D

The last picture is a rocket launch from Kennedy Space Center that I saw going up just as I was grabbing the camera to get pictures of the house. I thought it was a spectacular sight with the setting sun behind me.

Brian, isn't it the coolest thing, watching those things take off? I watched many of them from my yard in Orlando, my favorite ones at night. Saddest one, of course, The Challenger, and I was in Fort Myers. Believe it or not, I knew when I saw the trail, it was not good. It was so cold that day, that must have played a part, don't you think? John was digging trees in east of Oviedo. A sad day indeed.

6 th place finish, despite not completing two events. Oh yeah five stiches, post pics soon. damn death stubs, who the hell left that.:D Still had fun though. Had the young bucks running skeered:lol:

picked up the bucket from the repair shop this morning, $600. :whine:
After lunch it turned into a beautiful day with temps in the 70s and a light breeze. I took advantage and went fishing. Caught about a dozen small bass, mostly in shallow water on top of the grass. They were trying to warm up in the sun, the water temp was 60 thanks to our last cold front the other night.

On one lake I found this fellow sunning himself. He was about 5'-6' I'd guess.
Last pic is my lil bote at the ramp when I came in.

I am taking advantage of being a small business owner and taking the morning off. Well I made breakfast and washed a days worth of dishes. Now I going to relax for an hour or two, watching the snow fall outside before starting the next job. I have been getting busy and have climbed everyday for the last two or three weeks. I am sore and beat. Getting back into working shape hurts. Yesterday I took down two lombardy poplars in a place called Emmitt about an hour from here. The wind was blowing pretty hard but it was to far from home to cancel the job. I just ended up roping more of the tree than I would have normally.

good on ya Devon, take a morning off once in again. :)
I am starting a bit late today, have to go 'repair' a snow smashed cedar hedge, then a pruning seminar (teaching not learning ) after supper time at a garden shop in the city, my third time at this location seems an annual thing. see you folks later!

Went to get softener salt today at TSC.They had a huge pile of log chain,mostly 3/8" and wanted a buck a foot.I bought the whole mess for 50 bucks.There has to be about 500 feet in 10 and 12 foot lengths plus some over 40 feet.

That load of chain plus 6 bags of salt made my little Ranger do the squats a tad bit.

Back