How'd it go today?

I excavated a thorn out of my finger today. I've been working on it for a week now. It went straight in deep, broke off, and I couldn't get it out. It started to heal over, and the lump was annoying me, so I've picking at it on and off. I finally gave it a real effort, and got the sob out. I have one in my little finger that's still there. It's been in so long, I don't know what to do with it. It's affected my nail growth, and given it a concave channel where the lump is. I wonder if it'll ever completely break down?
It would be nice is the right pain killer for doing that was easily available.

Over the last week or so I've been spending some time troubleshooting a "starts fine, runs for a short time, then dies and won't start again for many hours, when it starts fine again" issue with my elderly DR all terrain mower...one of those sorts of frustrating intermittent problems that can drive you batty.

But today I finally got it running right again, I think. A tiny little O-ring in the carb float cup was broken. Finding the right one to replace it took some doing :).

I am hopeful, but not 100% convinced, as I was hopeful a couple of times before today's seeming success :).

It would be nice is the right pain killer for doing that was easily available.

It is. It's called the dark net. Download Tor, find a reputable market and buy some cryptocurrency and have at it. Your illicit substance of choice will arrive at your door via USPS or some other courier.

(I used to do this when I was a vicious drug addict. Now I'm a vicious hitch connoisseur and knot enthusiast.)

A tiny little O-ring in the carb float cup was broken. Finding the right one to replace it took some doing :).
reminds me of this hydro leak on the kubota, all sorts of miss matched fittings to make NPT stuff work on a Japanese machine (I dont even know what thread it is, I took the plug from the AUX1 port to the shop and said "get me some flat face couplers to thread into this"

so I get some cobbled together stuff, wrong fittings first go around (BSPP instead of ORB or something, close but no cigar)
get new ORB fittings, end up with 2 cut O rings, fix that, install everything and dope the threads on the NPT side, leaks like you wouldnt believe, start replacing O rings and fittings, swapping parts etc, finally I get some 45 degree fittings to get the couplers away from the boom, so brand new NPT stuff, should be leak free, NOPE

it was the flat face coupler, brand new and had some bad threads that dope wouldnt seal, maybe not round hole or something IDK
stupid simple things are the most frustrating every single time!

hope the mower keeps working good for you, did I mention im planning to buy a 42" VMC Brush cutter for the kubota? little mini hydraulic brush hog

It is. It's called the dark net. Download Tor, find a reputable market and buy some cryptocurrency and have at it. Your illicit substance of choice will arrive at your door via USPS or some other courier.

(I used to do this when I was a vicious drug addict. Now I'm a vicious hitch connoisseur and knot enthusiast.)
I was thinking more like walk on down to the local CBD shop and see what they have, stuffs magic!

EDIT2ADD
if you keep buying hitch cords and giving them away, you cant afford drugs, its a win-win

I filmed a new video for my YouTube channel which was about cinching canopy anchors used on a spar. It is approximately 40 minutes long and it showcases roughly 6 different techniques plus added educational material. Half of this episode is evergreen'ed, but the rest is completely original content. Even the evergreen'ed content is discussed in my own unique style and I add unique insights into most of it. So much content on YouTube is a direct copy of someone else's material. I try extremely hard to be as original as possible.

However, I know for a fact that just because someone has made similar content before me, it doesn't meant that it has reached my audience. Therefore, if the topic is worth making a video about, then I feel obligated to do so in order to disseminate that knowledge further throughout the internet. Am I making sense? In any event, I'm not going to plug my channel here anymore; you get plenty of that in my hitch making thread. You either follow me or you don't. I don't want to turn this thread into an ongoing advertisement.

The aforementioned video is still being edited. It will drop as soon as next week.

I personally wouldn't trust the quality, and I'd consider the local pharmacy more convenient as long as it isn't behind the counter.

Over the last week or so I've been spending some time troubleshooting a "starts fine, runs for a short time, then dies and won't start again for many hours, when it starts fine again" issue with my elderly DR all terrain mower...one of those sorts of frustrating intermittent problems that can drive you batty.

But today I finally got it running right again, I think. A tiny little O-ring in the carb float cup was broken. Finding the right one to replace it took some doing :).

I am hopeful, but not 100% convinced, as I was hopeful a couple of times before today's seeming success :).
The DR started easily this morning and ran like a top for about an hour doing some easy mowing. Then I shut it down for 15 minutes or so to move some stuff around, came back to it...and no joy, won't start. I am getting pissed :(.

I have a new air filter on order and am going to hunt down a new spark plug, both just on general principle, as neither appear troublesome...but otherwise, I am stymied. Any suggestions? It's a Tecumseh one lunger, model OHV125, circa mid 1990's.

No fuel issues with quality or supply to carb, I believe. I have now ascertained that there is no spark, but it is intermittent. Ignition coil, maybe. I got spark and got it to start by removing the grounding wires on the coil from the ignition switch and the operator presence handle, but a second try at that didn't go. Flummoxed.

Can an ignition coil fail intermittently?

Heated up it might. Module on the side of the motor as well. Cant remember the name of it. But its mounted to the motor. Has a few wires coming out of it. Replaced a couple of those on a Honda and Kawasaki.

I don't have a module like that on this Tecumseh, Stephen...but you are absolutely right about the ground issue being possible.

After much chasing of wires with ohm meter checking continuity, and other esoteric testing methods including wiggling, pulling, pushing, and insulation inspection requiring far too much disassembly, I am leaning towards the conclusion that I have an intermittent ignition coil failure.

I should get spark 100% of the time if all ignition and safety cutout grounds are disconnected from the coil and the coil is fully functional. That is not the case; it sometimes does and sometimes does not produce spark under that condition.

Ergo, faulty ignition coil. I'm sticking with that diagnosis...until I slap a new coil on it and it remains broke :). Fortunately, seems like I can get one without much grief and pretty cheap, maybe even under $20.

absolute worst case you can slap a vertical shaft Predator motor on it from Hazard Fraud and itll still cost less than a new mower

harbor freight has 1 maybe 2 models, the one I recall was like 735CC tho, 30HP or so

You can get an aftermarket mod kit to supercharge it up to 70hp
ive seen the 670 V twin pushing 60+ supposedly
ive played with lots of the 212's, governor delete, mild modding (pipe, carb, gov delete and air filter), can get an old heavy yerf dog to kick the rear end out in a turn, probably 15hp or so now vs the stock 6.5

a 70HP walk behind brush cutter would be NUTS!

The DR started easily this morning and ran like a top for about an hour doing some easy mowing. Then I shut it down for 15 minutes or so to move some stuff around, came back to it...and no joy, won't start. I am getting pissed :(.

I have a new air filter on order and am going to hunt down a new spark plug, both just on general principle, as neither appear troublesome...but otherwise, I am stymied. Any suggestions? It's a Tecumseh one lunger, model OHV125, circa mid 1990's.
Maybe just try tightening everything and see if anything is loose. From my experience (at least with electronics), oftentimes components will be finicky until you give them a literal one millimeter turn in whatever direction locks it down (sometimes it's counter clockwise). I'm not very handy with motors, so that's all I can offer. I hope you figure it out. That sounds extremely frustrating.

In other news, my apartment complex was doing work on the A/C today and claimed everything would be copacetic by around noon. It's 8:40pm and it 100% is not working and it 100% is hot. Thankfully, we appear to have exited the heat wave and it's only 89 degrees right now. Some of you are probably thinking, "only?!" Ugh. I strongly disapprove. 10/10 I wouldn't recommend this to a friend.

it was cold enough yesterday mornin I could see my breath
only got up to 82 today, I lived in 29 palms for a while, would get down to almost freezing at night and well past 100 degrees during the day, it was hell

Back