How'd it go today?

I didn’t feel like cooking breakfast so I grabbed a bag of doughnuts and some pumpkin bars from the gas station. Just got the franken-cart repaired. I don’t like how things line up but that can wait till winter. Still need to shorten the grass, dig potatoes, rip out the rest of the garden, and cover my firewood. Day of rest my ass😄. I was supposed to mow at the camping property but it got over two inches of rain yesterday. The good thing is, it’s a beautiful autumn day.

Everything accomplished but covering the firewood crates. I was about to start and I decided that I didn’t want to wrestle the 22’ long pieces of sheet metal up to the double high stacked cages. I’ll move some things around this week and unstack them. Garden is cleaned out and I was able to get 20 gallons of potatoes this year. Not great but I think it’s a new record for me. The fix on the hillbilly golf cart lasted a few hours. Made it work long enough to get it to the garage so it will sit till I have time to tear it all apart and re-engineer things. Had fresh peppers from the garden filled with sausage and cream cheese for dinner. Probably going to pay for that later. Time for a shower and go to bed early.

@Fiddler. My dogs have started a new habit of laying down on my side of the bed about an hour before I go in. They give no resistance to leaving that spot when I walk in and go to their own bed. It’s nice. My side of the bed is preheated for me😎

Yesterday I was asked to help out on a job where they couldn't use their heavy skid steer loader. The back yard looked ok but was a little soft and wet. After about 5-6 passes it kept getting softer and softer. I stopped to get off my loader to stack some brush and logs so I wouldn't have to drive around so much. Two minutes later I got back on my machine and was buried up to the axles. Took almost 45 minutes to get out of that back yard. It's like being on ice- once you break through you aren't getting back on top again.

7F9D9448-B982-4E2A-9729-1875709E003C.jpeg

The duals on the Gehl help immensely with that, Brian. Also, when it looks like it’s at the point of breakthrough, I’ll try not to drive in the same tracks twice. Always moving about a half wheel out of the last path, alternating sides. It helps stall the inevitable.
And plywood or altura mats.
Plywood makes more sense to me having a small homested type farm, if it gets beat up, there is always a shed or shelter that can use it up. Granted, I have tracks.

Are you doing any storm cleanup, Brian?

I’ve been dreading mudding and sanding the walls and ceiling of the basement staircase again this evening. Smoothing out the textured walls and ceiling isn’t fun but I’m picking away at it. I’d pay someone good money to do it but it’s too small for most folks. Can’t stand drywall or finishing.

Grueling 3 hrs on the tractor today :drink: :lol:

Tomorrow I guess I'm a tree guy again. Boss has a re-roof scheduled Friday for his back barn. Has about 20 trees grown up next to the building. Going to remove all we can and trim the rest out of the roofers' way.

Went in to work today, but haven't done much. It was still raining, so I've been screwing around on the computer. Boss wanted to move some trusses on the farm that had fallen over, so I did manage to get muddy and wet. The forks on the skidloader couldn't get high enough to lift them, so I put a prusik loop on the central support, and put the forks through that. Worked pretty well, but I used one of my crappy ropes. I was a little nervous working around it while it was suspended.

Back