How'd it go today?

Any body else refill your "disposable" propane cylinders? I usually get several fillings before I have to dispose.

Cool idea, I've never tried it. What is the limiting factor to number of possible refillings?

Yup, they will start leaking in time because the seals were designed for 1 time use. It's best if you refill a can and then screw it on the appliance. I wonder if they make a screwed on cap, which would seal it off from actually leaking. You would bleed some off when you take the cap off, but it would be very minimal compared to it leaking the whole time. If you are doing a little grill with it, i saw a bunch of pipeliners hook up full size bottles to it, if i ever go back on the road I'm gonna do one like that.

I had my one and only glider flight about 20 years ago over hawaii. It was very very nice flight. The pilot mentioned he was from Ethiopia and I knew a few tidbits about it and mentioned Haile Selassie. Ends up that was his grandfather. The pilot was the grandson of the past Emperor of Ethiopia. We had quite a discussion.

My big accomplishment today was raising my computer chair. Kinda creeped down over a period of time, and I didn't notice til today, when I thought "Man, this chair feels low". It's like having a brand new comfortable chair :^D

Split a little wood too, but didn't do much. There's a couple dead branches in the pin oak next to my house I want to remove, but that side gets blasted with sun. I'll wait til it's cloudy. Was also inspecting a walnut out front. That's got a bunch of little problems. I might post some pics sometime in the future, and see what y'all think. There's some holes bored into the bark(woodpecker?) on the stem, and one of the branches has a split section of bark that's kinda flaking back like it had some sort of trauma torquing the limb around, but it's not really setup like that. Dunno. The tree isn't a big deal, but I wouldn't mind keeping it. The injuries were just strange. I have a couple minor limbs to cut on that to keep them out of the service lines.

My irritating neighbor built a big party pad behind his house. It's a raised square surface with a post on each corner, and lights strung all the way around, and a fire pit in the middle. It looks both cool and stupid at the same time. It's just hanging out there in the middle of nothing. What would be cool is something like an arborvitae(or other columnar evergreen) on each corner so they eventually engulfed the posts, and gave a little privacy/seclusion while still being open. He's scared of trees though. Bugs me every time I see it...

/blog.masterblaster.com

Small screen posting before cooking dinner.

Back to rain on the west side, from Roslyn, WA.

There is a hamster next to cats, offscreen. 20210926_151234.jpg 20210926_142154.jpg 20210926_142150.jpg 20210925_190921.jpg 20210924_185756.jpg 20210925_130431.jpg 20210924_185915.jpg

Did some fuel management/ wildfire safety work and reclaiming an old orchard.

Pointing to a pear.
Couple apples.
Way too many volunteer plums, purple and yellow.
A cherry, too.

Fresh leaves for deer.
Fresh bear scat.

Play date with daughter's friend.

Wish they weren't needed, but the freedom-loving is causing lots of problems. One of the grade school classes was prohibited from returning to school, already, because people can't keep their covid to themselves. 'Merica.

We pulled her out of school temporarily, until more classrooms get canceled, or they stop having too many cases among students and staff. My guess is they will go back to half size classes, for half the days.

Meanwhile, locally, in liberal Olympia, kids hardly need to worry about getting covid in schools. Back to worrying about lice.

Last edited:
Yea, and a redwood's the same as an oak cause they're both woody, and grow out of the ground, right?

The so-called covid tests cannot determine the difference between covid and the flu. They also cannot actually test for the D variant, it's all guesswork.
Go ahead, prove me wrong.

Back