How'd it go today?

Long but a good day. Had the crane scheduled. Figured reaching 3 out of 4. Blew the first two out and told the op I needed to walk around on the ground for a few minutes. He said he needed to stretch his legs as well. He laid out into the farthest tree and said we got this but have to keep it below 1800 since I’m at 101’ radius. Nothing but a pile of logs and 4 stumps to grind tomorrow. I was planning on having to climb and haul everything out doing the back yard boogie. I think I’m gonna like this guy and his 50 ton.

Today....spent over a year and a half building bridges with people. Then on Tuesday you get the call that you have to be out Friday......I will NOT support you any further. Am I being too rash in my decision? We are crew #x.

Today....spent over a year and a half building bridges with people. Then on Tuesday you get the call that you have to be out Friday......I will NOT support you any further. Am I being too rash in my decision? We are crew #x.
What exactly do you mean that you have to be out Friday? Does that mean you are forced to take Friday off? Or you are forced to be out on the job? Or are you getting laid off? I have no idea what you mean nor the significance.

Yeah. I'm not happy though. Our contract was under bid. Then they went in and way over bid. The last year and a half of hard work was thrown out. Smh.....

Back on asbuilts on that stupid stream restoration I did. They wanted clarification on some areas. What a huge waste of time. I cut a bittersweet vine with my axe today. I consider that the only thing of value I did with my seven hours of work.

edit:
These pics were taken in about the same place.

After construction...

20190923_124002.jpg

Today...

20210730_134559.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, they did a good job, but the engineer's bullshit pisses me off. They must think that what they put on a piece of paper is gonna be what they end up with. You could create their nonsense with mm accuracy, but as soon as it goes live, the stream's gonna do what it wants to do, and every single bit will change. They had an engineer from the design firm on site the whole time. A walking video showing the project would give them everything necessary, and would take about an hour. Paying me minimum wage to cut vines would have been a better use of the asbuilt money, and I'd have done it, just for the joy of cutting vines. They'd then have something of value when I finished instead of a checkbox on some stupid form.

Back