How'd it go today?

Fine pics, Gerry.

The water looks awesome, what wildlife have you seen there over the years. Orcas? Whales?

I found something unusual in the forest today.
We were haying at my place and I was racing around the field next to the forest in a loader, getting the bales together, Thais dog having a good time running alongside.
Suddenly he looked into the woods and started barking.
About a hundred yards in, on the trail that goes in from my property, there was something red.
I went investigating and found an old man in a popemobile, stuck in the mud.
There is a soft spot along the trail that Richard and I gave up on draining 2 years ago, after getting the tracked excavator stuck in there.
I am amazed that he even made it that far in that little electric contraption.

He seemed to be a few beers short of a sixpack, mentally. Senile dementia, most likely.
Had simply been sitting there, waiting for a miracle, since he didn't have a phone and couldn't walk.

Gues that makes Thais a miracle dog.

I drove the ATV down and pulled him out with the winch.....very carefully.

P1080191.JPG P1080194.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds like it was his lucky day. I suppose someone would have found him once it was noticed he was missing, but it could have been a good long while.

That little red teapot is small enough you probably could have rigged a rope through the top of it and pulled it up on a limb and swung it out of there. Just drifted him right out of the mess. I bet that would have made his day.

Did you get him to human assistance?

I got him out to the main forest road, just to make sure he didn't get stuck again.
I just talked to my neighbour, who rides in the woods a lot.
She told me she sees him regularly, motoring along the forest roads.

I had a talk with him about not going offroading in a popemobile.
Since I'm the official forester in that forest, I simply told him that it is not allowed.

Back