How'd it go today?

Yeah...I really hate it when that happens here...stray sheep just wander in all the time...bleating, bawling, eating all my hay!

Jim...help me wrap my head around that!!
Had two goats on our porch a few months back. The neighbors about a half mile below us were letting them run loose and they went exploring.

Last edited:
Went to a job one time where the farmer had sheep. When we got there he was just looking at them in disbelief. Barely acknowledged we showed up. I walked up to go over the project and he still seemed out of sorts. I politely asked if everything was ok. He said “No! I had 20 sheep last night and now there’s a dozen more!” Someone backed up to the fence in the pasture and chucked a bunch over the fence!

Hauled a nice load of tulip poplar home today from the neighbor. He had some knuckleheads just get them down and make a hell of a mess. After cleaning up the brush and smaller wood he asked if I had a use for them. I got five clear logs 10.5 feet long and the smallest is 28” diameter on the small end. Haven’t scaled it yet but I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to make enough trim to do my house when the time comes. I got a bunch more with knots as well. Now to find a portable mill. If that turns into a hassle I’ll just reload them to a mill. Rather not do that though.
Spent a few hours at my nephews birthday party. Chile tasted good. Just finished re-wiring trailer lights again. Somehow every time I need a bobcat from work the trailer lights are non-existent. Didn’t bother me at 8 am this morning but I’ll be heading to the shop well before daylight and just Before shift change for the highway patrol. They seem to like that last easy ticket on the way to clock out.

That is a damn funny story, Rich, but now I'm sorta confused as I'm not a sheep expert. Where did Jim's extra sheep come from?

That has got to be the most disgusting kitchen I have ever seen. :eek3:

Is everybody else here going to pretend that it's ok?

Actually I take it back. When I went up to NC 15-20 years ago and met up with some other guys to work with Guy Meuller on storm work, his kitchen was just as bad. Bags of empty cans piled halfway to the ceiling. Crap everywhere.
Lets see some selfies of you in your kitchen.

Snow looks good. It's a shitty fall here. About 72° today, and 75° for the next two. Pisses me off. I want some decent cool temps...

My help is on vacation, and we finally got some decent weather, so I’m re-roofing the front of the house. Worked 10 hours on it yesterday and 8 today. Hoping to wrap it up tomorrow.

Back