How'd it go today?

Attempted some front end work on my VW. Every single bolt was a huge fiasco. Got a few new parts on, but only about half of what I was planning to do. Just a real ball breaking day. Figured I'd just get it back together and drive it to a mechanic.

The clunk noise I was trying to fix is gone! No mechanic for me! Im right there with Jim, choosing myself money with my own stubbornness/ cheapness. At least I made out ok this time.

Overheated again today. Also crapped my pants due to the meds I'm on combined with drinking too much gatorade and water too quickly. Thankfully I carry wet wipes on all my trucks now so I was able to deal with it and get back to work. But I'm really beginning to hate my life.

That sucks Brian. I think I'd have to say "You won...", GTF home, and try again the next day.

I staked out a lot faaar from the office. The travel time back and forth took longer than the stakeout. Got back, ate lunch, and boss wanted some fence lines cleared on the farm to get ready for a new tenant with 30 horses. Kinda kicked my ass. I haven't done any real brushcutter work since about this time last year. Fairly enjoyable. Warmer than I'd like, but it's nice getting out and just tearing shit up.

Got home and wanted to trim a couple bushes out front. Ran into another wasp nest, but this time I didn't get stung. I saw them first, then figured out where the nest was. It was close though. I was right on top of it with the hedge trimmers. Gotta say I'm pleased with this year's crop of stingy things. They've shown considerable restraint with me bouncing their nests around. My sting the other day, I damn near had my hand up their nest. Can't say I blame them, and I'm surprised I only got one sting.

Loaded the last trailer with brush from earlier downed trees at the course today. I'll take it to the field & dump it tomorrow...it was fun while it lasted...

Ordered a "total gym" to play on with some of the extra money I've been making. It will give me something to fill my mornings during Winter & hopefully a bit less struggling to get in condition when work starts up again in the Spring.

ex returned my truck today...good thing...'bout froze in an open jeep driving to work through the fog in the a.m. the last couple days.

I have a Total Gym from back in the 80's....I did LOTS of good workouts on it. If it's the Chuck Norris type they are great pieces of gear. Uses body weight and cables to allow safe and graduated work.

I’d say my day went well enough
0A53B751-3FFA-49D1-A00E-02D2E93E5D73.jpeg
two weeks ago I asked for the delivery date. Dealer said his rep sent them all to the southern part of Ohio because he didn’t think there was any serious interest here. My dealer reamed him out. I tore him up and sited my interest and used Stig’s thread as reference. Apparently I’m Ron Burgundy. My saw was delivered today with the option to buy the second one. I have till Friday before they offer it to anyone else. I have to say that for the few cuts I’ve made, I’m impressed. Snappy little fella.

Sorry you shit yourself Brian. That is one embaresing time in ones professional life. I had a bad fall last year and one of the injuries was a prolapsed rectum. Basically your guts come out your asshole. Many months later I was still having involantary visits to the back of the chip truck. If you going to be dumb you better be tough......

Sorry you shit yourself Brian. That is one embaresing time in ones professional life. I had a bad fall last year and one of the injuries was a prolapsed rectum. Basically your guts come out your asshole. Many months later I was still having involantary visits to the back of the chip truck. If you going to be dumb you better be tough......
Metamucil helps that a lot. But you pay hell if you miss a day!

Man that sucks!

But reminded me of a job several years ago. A sub was climbing for me and the guy always went commando and would tell you so, one of those guys. So he was up about 25-30 feet up a dead elm so no canopy coverage then the seam of his pants blew out and, well, everything just fell out as the custy was watching. It took her a while to gain her composure.

I've been that guy before 🤣 🤣 🤣 the best was at some outside art exhibit (with drinks obviously) with an ex. I got second place :lol:

Did some trees after work, went well enough. Throw line got stuck on the second tree, so that was it for today.

Last edited:
Another day next to the lake... Working.
Pretty relaxed... Put on a double-whip tackle, solo show for a 93 year old mother of the homeowners.
Mini-just-accessible!
IMG_20200805_113606664.jpg

Sux when you can't trust a fart..........
Sorry Brian. Tell the truth, days like that I just go home and reschedule. I can't climb with my cheeks that tight. Over heating, I also, just call it a day.

We had record snowfall here on Tuesday night...like, it just never happens!!!
I am booked out with storm damage...the trees here just are not used to 2-4" of wet heavy snow. One garden is absolute carnage, massive limbs out of old macrocarpas, gums...the council punted me three jobs for hangers...etc etc...gawd I wish I could clone myself.
Spent most of the night on traffic assist with the SES once they closed the main north south highway, then a couple calls for leaking roofs at 2am...

State record cold this morning...-14 c up in the highlands..and it's white as outside my house this morning,

Back