How'd it go today?

I got sick over there but I am pretty certain it was food poisoning or a accidental sip of tap water( don't do it!). I get home and the flu ran it's course thru the house the week of my arrival. And now this. Good thing it's Friday because I have lots of work booked.

I generally put my weight on my hitch and even descend a touch before unclipping my lanyard.

That comes with being scared though.

You may be scared.
Scared enough to be certain that the new system bears full weight before disconnecting your old system.

I do this absolutely every changeover.
This is basic sense, IMO.

Look, listen, feel your new connection (connector, like a biner, to the anchor point, like a harness ring), then test under full weight.

Climb until your old.

Cruised through a 9 tree orchard that's been neglected. Homeowner clean up.

Then dog whisperer the homeowners 10 year old dropkick dog, Chihuahua mix, I think.
Light rain for a bit, but no big deal. IMG_20200207_122754766.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't do a thing today. Went into the office after a couple days off(rain + sore back), and just played around on the computer. I did learn I'd get to run a chainsaw for money. There's a stormwater pond that needs trees ≤15' from the toe slope removed. Boss said there's about 20 trees. They're little guys, 8"-12", but I'm not complaining. No cleanup. Just drop them, and pull them out of the work area. Should be a fun afternoon :^)

Right on man!!!

Mick: Yeah, Gary was right.

Kyle: I laughed HARD at the drunk in the yard comment. I perfectly agree. I dunno what's goin on these days.

I spun up 250' of saw chain for the shop today, and put my first three loops on our new square grinder that I picked up at Madsen's last week. She's a Simington. MAN I'm in love with that machine. Probly less than half the time of square filing. 😍

Another Saturday wreck on the expressway behind my place. Median cables did a bangup job on the car.

Two folks walking across my place to get away...must have been partying...K9 looking for them now...

I was able to get in using a link from an email last night, but not to my new post bookmark or masterblasterhome.com. Seems like we're back up and at it!

RoFL! I suppose it could, but in this case, it's "Yay!" Two arms up, with a head in the middle.

edit:
Not be confused with being metal as frig \m/

Just brought some wood in, and it smells like spring outside. I'd be pleased except we never had a winter. I keep hoping for some snow, but I've pretty much given up on that this year.

I brought some wood to the front porch today. I'm thinking that'll actually be for next year. Between the the wood that was already on the porch, and the spruce out back, I think this season will be covered. That's all I got done today.

I'm currently cooking a piece of bamboo on top of the stove. Smells good when you smell the hole. Familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Kind of bready, and kinda earthy. I'm gonna use it to keep plastic flatware for lunch at work. After it's dried out, I'll make a wooden plug for the end. I made something similar for my raker file/gauge, except I used a whisky cork to seal it. I don't think I have corks big enough for this piece.

Back