How'd it go today?

That's not too bad. But not too good.

Home with a sick kid... Hope for her to get well in time for Xmas, if not before, and be to stay well. Her mom had a nasty 36 hours and getting better.
So, we're watching My Little Pony. There might be a talking pet movie next.

Hey Eastside, don't be bashful now, shorten them suckas all around!

That's not too bad. But not too good.

Home with a sick kid... Hope for her to get well in time for Xmas, if not before, and be to stay well. Her mom had a nasty 36 hours and getting better.
So, we're watching My Little Pony. There might be a talking pet movie next.
Oh boy, that takes me back a bit. Not ashamed to admit that I had no problem watching My Little Pony with Maddy when she was younger, the humor and writing really is a lot better than most other kid’s shows. I liked SpongeBob too :D

Ever seen Cailou? That shit is an abomination.

Hope she’s well soon!

My daughter's(my?) cats were living in the bathroom. Since the princess is gone, I thought I'd move them to the family room. I figured they'd like the space and the woodstove. They hate everything. All they've done is hide and whine. I left the basement door unlatched, and they got in the cellar, and that's not a great place for kitties. Hasn't gone well at all. Those porkchops haven't even eaten yet. Hoping they get used to this soon :^/

I was sitting on the couch this afternoon wondering where today's firewood was coming from when I heard a Jake Brake in the distance. I knew it could only be one truck. The driver of a friend's log truck pulled in with a small pile of ash and assorted hardwoods fron a nearby job. About enough for a week, and saved him an hour round trip to the yard. :D

Got my loader up and running, now just need to get an idler for the tracks repaired. Runnable.

Rain.

Yesterday, knowing that it was going to rain, went and banged over 5 trees, one with a FOGT trick. Suspended load, midline, to maintain pulling power as the dead and crusty alder fell. All's well that fells well, and pays well.
I was walking the dog this morning and just figured out what’s occurring with the midline suspension thing.
Bit of a faff, but stupidly clever.

As long as you realize that once the hinge goes, all control is lost.
Unless you've set a retention line of some kind, of course.

Last edited:
Control, yes. Predictability, not necessarily.

On this alder, I would have been okay if I broke it off the stump, while tensioning.

I needed about 15* off of the natural lean, tensioning it brought out about half of that. The hinge and the side pull did the rest, imo.

A suspended load is hard to judge the force, but manually moving the line side to side can help, like with a pretension of any sort. Be mindful of splitting a tree by over-tensioning.
Make sure you have plenty of length of rope pulled before the load hits the ground, particularly with a back-leaner.

Lost one of the god damned cats. Little bitch is in the basement somewhere, but damned if I can find her. If I call her name from upstairs I can hear her squeak, but she clams up as soon as I'm in the basement. I've looked everywhere(minus one place obviously), and she's nowhere to be found. I saw her a couple times earlier, but she's like a ghost. She rounds a corner, and disappears. Her very dark tortoise shell markings aren't helping any. This has been going on for 6 hours now. At least the boy has started coming out, and getting familiar with the family room. Just need to locate the girl...

edit:
Thinking about making a harness for the boy, and see if he'll lead me to her in the basement. Wonder if there's any chance of that working?

Found the cat! She was in the sump pit. I looked there several times. The only thing I can guess is she was on the move as I was looking for her, and managed to evade my sight as I went from one place to the next. Only took ~8 hours to find her...

Very good!!! Good tossing for sure! Looked like you hit the plane at 1:20 or so. How much damage to the plane from the crash and fall?

None, and it was a lot smaller and lighter than I thought. I was certain it would be destroyed. The last 2 planes I got out of a hackberry came out in many pieces. Hackberries just don't let go.

I think the bag may have hit the plane at 1:03

I got my arborist recertification from Germany today.
A couple of months ago one of my former apprentices called and told me that he had heard first hand, that the Danish Arborist society were planning on not recertifying me on account of all the stuff that happened when I went up for certification 3 years ago ( Such as me calling the president a wimpy coward) which made me certify in Germany instead of Denmark.
So I contacted Germany and they had no problem recertifying me and Richard.

So I am still a certified Arborist. :)

Saved a few model rockets that way NB. Last week, throwlines vs broken hanging limbs at a few accounts. Had to run some rope up a couple times to add mechanical pulling to free some of them. Good sport.
Even saved a hula hoop once at a birthday party.

Back