How'd it go today?

Give me a break.
Some idiot on a backhoe clipped my land line and the new software won't let me log on from my phone.

So if I'm a bit off from things happenings, it is not only because I'm stupid.

Trying out my new basket weave stamp.

I am horrible at this....but I like it.

xWYaDWI.jpg

Leatherwork's cool. I've made some crude pouches and stuff out of old boots for work purposes, but nothing I'd show out in public. The arts elude me. I'm pretty much a hacky technician with everything. I'm envious of people that can make things look/sound good.

Looks good from here, Jim.

I want to try workiing leather. Maybe this winter, if I've got the spare bucks. I've got a lot of axes that need sheaths.

Very cool Jim.
I’ve been thinking about getting the stuff for tanning, looks like it’s a lot of work, but might be a fun and satisfying hobby. There’s tons of deer hides that go to waste around here. Everyone harvests the meat and occasionally a head if it’s worth mounting, but no leather.
I don’t hunt, except pheasant a long time ago, but got enough friends that hunt deer, there’d be plenty of free skins.

Did anybody get any trick or treaters? I had a gang of thugs with their kids, all in street clothes and Walmart bags knocking on doors. I didn't answer. They coulda at least got the kids cheap plastic masks and one of those halloween pumpkin candy holders - 99 cents apiece.

It rained all day, but stopped in the afternoon. They were calling for more rain and a tornado warning, with some beefy winds(I pulled some hangers out of my locusts with my throwline to be safe), so the turnout was somewhat reduced. Got 34 kids altogether. I have a box of Toblerones left. We don't get tons of kids, and it's a little stretched out here, so I started giving full size bars a few years ago. It isn't a huge expense, and it makes it cooler for the kids, so I figure why not?

We had about 80 kids. I walked the youngest and some of her friends for a couple hours and ended up hauling around a bag of 15 cans of pop to lighten their load. No one ever handed out pop when I was a kid.

Snowing here...no one, but that's normal...we're an industrial drive now with only four houses & no kids so not worth it for the T&Ter's .

Rain's really coming down now, and lots of wind. Had one really loud lightning strike, but nothing since. Laying in bed with my phone. I usually go to sleep to music, but I think I'll listen to the storm tonight.

We had about 20 kids tonight while I was home. Stupid orifice job took away my teleworking so I probably missed a bunch. Looking forward to being a tree monkey full time next year so I can schedule accordingly and get the full shebang. :P

Halloween has been dead for decades here. That group I mentioned earlier? They were all I saw tonight walking my street.

Its not a thing in my town...few decorations in the grocery store but thats about it.

Back