How'd it go today?

Been fighting a fever with the little ones for the past few days. Hopefully my oldest breaks today and smalls soon, I hope.

No fun. Hope they feel better soon Rajan.
5" of rain here and then probably snow down to 1000 feet tomorrow.
Levi had a wrestling match yesterday. Fought hail storm all the way home after with tornado warnings. Quarter size hail. in places. Road was slick with it. 4WD home.
Just staying home. Unless I get an Emergency call, off till Wed.

Thank you gentlemen! They are holding to 101 most of the day had some crazy high spikes last night like strip'em neked and ice pack time high.

Same here!

Old school fuhball!

Hey Jim, you ever play any football back in the day?

Yes.

Waaaayyyyy back then you could start playing football in the 7th grade.

I played until I wrecked my shoulder in 10th grade.

I was never very motivated but I was scary fast for short distances.

On the practice squad for the varsity guys I played D end.

320 pounds of sheer misery for 15 yards or so!

Hope they shake it off soon, Rajan. Definitely right thing to keep a close watch and take action to knock the fever down.
Both mine had febrile seizures, so did I and 2 of my bros, and so did my mother. Might be an inherited thing.

Looked like Verizon was trying hard to regain some favor with the first responders.

Hope they shake it off soon, Rajan. Definitely right thing to keep a close watch and take action to knock the fever down.
Both mine had febrile seizures, so did I and 2 of my bros, and so did my mother. Might be an inherited thing.

Looked like Verizon was trying hard to regain some favor with the first responders.

My daughter has had them in the past. Very scary! We still keep close watch on her fevers.

My daughter has had them in the past. Very scary! We still keep close watch on her fevers.

Yes, I do too. Good news is they almost never happen to kids over 5, and they're usually harmless. Just really scary. Still treat the fever of course. We always had better results with ibuprofen than acetaminophen.
Ours were all simple febrile seizures except my daughter. Hers were complex and took a powerful drug to stop them. Scary shit, but ultimately no harm done, that was 9 years ago.

Febrile seizures are a real concern...also with little kids, disposition tells a lot, along with degrees.

A 102.x fever with good disposition is different than a fever with bad disposition.

Scary sh-t with the little ones Rajan, hope they're on the mend.

I had my timing cover let loose yesterday on my 95 f250. Frog snacks as Jim would say. It got me home and is in my shop so today I get to tear it down, probably put a new timing set in it while I'm in there I think. I'm gonna do a compression test first to ensure the motor is worth it. Pita, but pretty straightforward stuff. Gonna remove the stupid sand which oil cooler setup that Ford put on these 5.8s too. It's kind of a one thing leads to another kind of job. Water pump, thinking about deleting the smog pump while I'm this far down, etc, etc.

It's cold for here, about -18c and then wind. So I've got a little bit of coffee and reflection time as the fire heats the shop to reasonably cold.

Plugs are out, power steering and a/c bracket pulled. Nothing looks too obscene so far. Just came in to tend the house fire and then out to spin up a cold compression test. Really hoping to see some consistent numbers.

My secret spark plug weapons are pictured here. Hand spinner, and flex head ratchet.

IMG_1976.jpg

I’d be interested in seeing a few workshop type pics of the process if you’re up for it Squish, always impressed by those who don’t fear getting deeper and deeper into the beast.

I will attempt to snap a few as I go then. This is pretty straight forward stuff I'll be doing but maybe the timing set will be of interest to some. I find wrenching decently fun. I relish in the money saved and the accomplishment of doing it myself. As the shop warms up and with the radio on, dogs by the fire, it's a decent time for me.

Back