How'd it go today?

Good day today.
Kid to school on time, without fuss!
Have both guys to ground-pound.

Since we were able to cut and pry concrete, bricks, and cobbles from the cedar stump, my sub can and blew it out in an hour or less, with unloading.
Cleaned that up, knocked down a couple trees, and pruned a couple trees at a park, kept organized, worked smoothly, chipped a couple yards onsite. Hauled a cord+ of cherry millable and firewood logs and some dirty raking.

Left another cord of cherry, and will be getting to
dead madrones next week, millable and firewood.

I'm really hoping to diversify into specialty lumber/ milling as part of my business.

Well the concept works. I need to fine tune the setup and I think it can go into light duty work. I jumped on rhe load side and it held. May be it was the pitchy rope?

20181103_101352.jpg

20181103_101404.jpg

Awesome work.

Can you add a bit of texture to the drum, somehow? Maybe unnecessary with the amount of wraps and loads intended.

Start with dropping a Smart Car, well, maybe a Yugo.

Haha! Thanks Sean. I plan on etching it. I was mentioning to the GF how I'd like to try lifting more weight..... She gave me the finger.....

I'd love to learn metalwork from you guys, in person. Autodidactic is cool and all, but...

Anybody want to climb PNW trees, grapple-power stuff, mill some logs... they're here.

Peter, make a good habit to have a nearly straight path for the rope toward the drum. Don't use the fair-leads as a redirect but add a pulley above if needed. Here, you loose a good bit of pulling force, wear the rope, put at risk the fairlead's integrity and tend to rotate sideway / dislodge the winch.

Heading out to Charlotte for TCIA later today for setup on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Repping Canadian-made "AM" line of log trailers (Standard and dump) with articulated arm grapples on them for Dave Frances of American Arborist Supplies.
See any of you there?

Fucks sake. 088 still bogs down when cutting. Carb kit picked up today. Hope it fixes it!

Milled a small maple in Cambridge and the 066 acts up! Starter cord then comes apart! At least I got the job done.

Fueling up this morning, noticed that there was a bulge in the sidewall of the chipper tire. So we tried to limp to the tire shop. Made it about 5 blocks and it gave out, pulled off to the side on the busiest street in downtown, across 6 angle parking spaces. Tire was shredded. Michelin place right around the corner actually had one of our oddball tires in stock (extra wide). We ran back to our shop to get air tools (air jack & impact), jack stand, etc. Got back and jacked up the chipper, realized the rim was toast (after traveling on it for only 15-20 ft to pull over). Back to the shop for a spare tire off of our flatbed equipment trailer. Put it on and then limped over to a tire place & trailer place to see what we could come up with for a replacement rim & tire. Wound up switching out for 12-ply, 4500 lb. tires, steel flat wall rim with flat flange lugs. So now we're in a more common trailer tire size, not as wide -- should make future replacements more affordable.

Done with all that by 3:30 pm, managed to get in a medium 40' dead pine removal before the end of the day. So we about made what we had in outlay for the day!

Back