How'd it go today?

Nice stump for the apprentice Stig, he'll be ok if that's just his third!
How's your wrist repair holding up with all that work?

It hurt a lot the two first week, now it seems to have gotten used to it.
No pain to speak of:)

Well that's very good :)

To a certain extent, getting back to our regular work is great physiotherapy. That what the physio told me once I reached a certain point in recovery with my shoulder.
Five, six days a week while I was in Bermuda this summer, it held up GREAT, only got a little grumbly towards the end of three months, in reflecting, I made the right decision not to go last year, no way could I have sustained the workload and not damaged it again.

I went out this spring to look at a large white oak to canopy raise and do some end weight reduction on. Told the it would have to wait till late summer or fall because of disease issues but I?d look and get them on the books. After being on site, they wanted the tree raised well over half the hieght and basically topped because they were going to build a new barn 5 foot from it. After explaining that the tree would become a bigger liability just from the root disturbance and telling them to get someone else to butcher it, they opted for removal. Today was the day. I feel a bit guilty for slaying this beautiful white oak. It was fun though. No before pics and only got one of my stump:(
48471844-439B-44CC-A9B1-0D9C9DBF36F7.jpg
Also removed a dead WO that I found small lead fragments in when I fell the spar. Dug them out and they are right size for bullets. Fairly deep in the tree and the punky spot was dictating that they were fired toward the house. House isn’t to old so probably from many years ago.

Finally getting around to building the carport, after 16 years...better late than never I guess. First load of lumber and the trusses are to be delivered Monday.

pE2pZz7.jpg

Nice stump for the apprentice Stig, he'll be ok if that's just his third!
I was going to say the same -- when can I come over there and work with you for a week? My sweet gum bore was all right, but could've been smoother. Still effective and not too bad for being only about #12 bore cut fell. Still hoping for more videos...

Well sitting about waiting to see if I get the call in for a Sunday afternoon OT shift. I'm fourth on call so seems unlikely, but you never know? Full eight of double time for Sunday's so worth keeping the phone nearby. OT is all volunteer so seems unlikely four people will opt out. But the smoke has gotten super bad and inside our plywood plant it's even worse with the steam/smoke from the dryers. People were whining bad on Friday about it, and ot sign up was by last wed when the smoke wasn't nearly so bad. So I'm hopeful a handful might wuss out.

We had a rain shower this afternoon. As the skies began to clear I stepped outside and saw this rainbow over my new bucket truck. I think it was a sign. :P

Attachments

• IMG_0198 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0198 (Custom).JPG
    309 KB · Views: 32
That is a gorgeous bucket!

Got the call in so just finished a afternoon shift and have to return for day shift tomorrow/today. Cant beat double time though.

We've been on 12's this past week which was good for 24 double this weekend alone. I can't wait to see half of it go to deductions. Should still be a good check though. Sitting at home on a straight time day now while they try to fire up the plant. Works for me!

So being as it snowed today!!!!....I am testing the recipes for wheat free cooking. Two dinners now out of the cookbook, really yummy.
There is no skimping on the healthy fats, so flavour is good!
Can't wait to try some of the deserts , chocolate and cream figure pretty large as well as berries and coconut.
Weight is down,energy is up...we splurged on some ice cream the other day in town, I haven't had that much sugar in one go for a long time...it was yummy, then I got grumpy, then I fell asleep in the car on the way home...

Raining, raining -- wet day but we still worked (1 job). Owner is taking down the house, donating all the fixtures to Habitat for Humanity. He said we could drop the tree on the house to help with the demo, but we didn't take him up on it. I wrecked down a yew bush and a line of 6) vine-encrusted cedars (25'-30'). We were waiting on the electric company for a line drop, they showed up just in time. Then we had a decent sized red oak -- drop, limb, chip & load up the main trunk. Then we climbed a huge silver maple (4.5' diameter), pieced out a lot of outlying limbs to skinny it up, then dropped it. Lots of winching & chipping. Neighbor took all the chips, just around the block (almost 2 loads -- 60 cu yards!). No pics because it was too wet and we were working too hard.

Back