How'd it go today?

Safe travels and enjoy thelogging my friend.

Cycling vehicles and chipper and pressure washer repairs today. Oh the joy.
The accelerator pedal on the Nissan went bad again and the replacement is four hours late. Lunch break.

Enjoy your trip, Stig.

Well it looks like I have a bit of a stumbling block but it's probably for the best. The financing for my truck fell through because I refused to sign the ACH form entitling them to automatically withdraw the payment out of my bank account. That was the final straw. It wasn't that good of a deal anyway, 10.58% for 3 years with a fixed payment amount (no way to pay it down early). From day one I would be liable for the full $7200 in interest. And they want unfettered access to my bank account on top of that? I am actually relieved.

I can get a home equity loan at 3.99% but it will take time and lots of documentation. I will start on that but I'm running out of time. I can put about $30K on credit cards for a short term deal until the HELOC comes through. Probably don't need to be discussing details on an open forum but I've never been much for hiding details.

Anyway, just a little bit of stress to make my Sunday more interesting. It will all work out exactly as it should, I just need to relax and do the next right thing.

It will all work out exactly as it should, I just need to relax and do the next right thing.

I like that philosophy.

Spent last night 7pm to 2AM searching for a drowning victim...our Dive Team got called in for a missing person...supposedly two guys had boat trouble on a smallish lake and jumped in to cool off...with shoes on. Supposedly no alcohol involved...we did sonar searches and found a couple of likely targets. Sent a diver down on the best one but no joy...he was able to unsnag the treble hook/drag bar apparatus that the DNR folks had gotten snagged near our target. Diver did a good job of untangling one of these...nighttime and total blackout conditions.

We started again early AM today and came back to shore for lunch. The State Patrol took over the search then with their pontoon boat and $85000 tripod sonar. Still haven't found anything yet they say.

I got a real good nap and now ready for more action.

Underwater-Body-Recovery-Drag-large.jpg

My old highschool math teacher went missing end of the week in a local lake. Locked car was found on forest service road and his kayak was found but no sign of him. SAR has been called off and rcmp dive team is now on route. It's moved from rescue to recovery. He was a hell of a nice guy. Young too 58. Too bad. I had just bumped into him a month or two ago and had a good chat. He always remembered me, unfortunately for many of my teachers I suspect I was hard to forget. :D

I'm starting graveyards with week. Damn! Only good news is my day is a hour and a half shorter but I still get paid for eight plus a little extra. And it'll be cooler too. We'll see how it goes apparently some people can't handle/adjust to it well at all. I just mowed five acres today with a rough cut mower on my 34horse Kubota in the hot sun. Feeling a little zonked out from that.

Anyway, just a little bit of stress to make my Sunday more interesting. It will all work out exactly as it should, I just need to relax and do the next right thing.

That sucks Brian. Hopefully it works out with a more favourable form of financing. I'm loath to give anyone direct access to my bank. For instance I don't do my personal banking at the same bank that holds my mortgage. I prefer a bit of arms length myself too.

Diversity is key, not all eggs in one basket.

It applies to physical things too. I call it the Pearl Harbor effect. Back in the day, the military liked to line up their assets (planes and ships) all nice nice in aesthetically and philosophically pleasing rows. Which enabled the Japs to efficiently bomb the shit out of said assets. So here around the home front, frequently my natural inclination is to put all like things in one spot (whether it be tools or most anything) but I remember the Pearl Harbor scenario and I spread things out in multiple spots so that a mishap with one location won't take out all those given assets cuz they are spread out.

Same idea for troops patrolling...keep dispersed so one grenade won't take out everybody.

Need somebody left to take names and kick ass.

Well I'm on the way back to Tasmania...actually somewhere over the South Pacific as I type, wifi on the plane!
This chick is HAPPY to be done with the heat and humidity! Nice bit of bank, time for a rest.
Tada!

Attachments

• IMG_20180623_123545.jpg
    IMG_20180623_123545.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 30
Safe travels!

The wife and I spent the last three days organizing and cleaning the basement that has been a catch all since we moved in 3 1/2 years ago. No easy task but we are victorious, and my crosscut saw collection has a home again!

Knees are good, I reckon the attack of the killer parsnip was behind it all....yeah the sap in parsnip leaves is a phyto photo toxin, I got burnt, quite badly, by a friggin vegetable and have the scars to prove it!
I think the toxin also caused anything that was subject to inflammation to go berserk...a course of prescription anti-inflammatory tablets and everything settled down...I've pushed my knee pretty hard since with climbing and it never swelled up like it did a few weeks ago...bizzare. I had knelt on the parsnip leaves while digging it up and had the blistrs on that knee for a few weeks just before it went boom.

I replaced two hydraulic cylinders in the mini yesterday, remarkably easy. Did a stupid easy dead oak removal in the morning , them went to the bar to celebrate my friends first day of singlehood.
The odd part is the day it had happened the Vermeer plant was hit by a tornado as well as their part distribution center. So when I called my dealer I thought for sure I would be SOL for weeks but they had them in stock! A truly miraculous event!

Back