How'd it go today?

People say I'm overblowing it when I talk about not falling to my death like so many have, and being to strict about people entering the drop zone without permission (as I saw in a video here the other day where the climber had to tell the groundie not to come under where he was dropping pieces).

I have to wonder how often taking pics and videos contributes to accidents and near misses. We know about 'Human'.

The angular size of a groundie from 50-100' is very small, easy to be blocked by bigleaf maple leaf up close, coupled with a moment of inattention, or the climber not counting heads before releasing a piece...

Yes in 2013, fully recovered now thanks.

I (hope I ) have tidied up my technique now, tieing in twice, less gung ho, you don’t earn a lot of money in hospital, or the cemetery.

And on that note, I went and did a bit of actual treework today.

Helped the boys on a two tree removal job.
I just fed the chipper, wearing my splint and trying not to overdo it too much..........HA!

I'll be feeling my wrist tomorrow, but it was still good to get out.

Richard put a large Linden top down in the tightest hole:)

I wanted do make a video of it, but I would have been filming right against the sun, so no go.

Hey good stuff Stig ��
When I was getting back to work after the shoulder I would freak a little bit the next day when it hurt a bit and was tight, thinking I wrecked it, but it was fine, it was important to stop the work before I got carried away and maybe did do something bad.

Listen to our wise friend Fiona, Stig. Move forward, but cautiously :).

I know...loggers and arbos don't actually understand the word "cautious" very well, at least as most of the rest of population of the planet do...but still, do your best to hear her advice :D.

Today was great. Got the lawn mowed for the first time this year. Got the rear axles out of the nieghbord bobcat so we can replace the bearings. Played with the kids and had them plant peas and garlic in the garden. Also got our first asparagus cutting which was only two shoots but many more popping up. We?ve got thunder to the north now and I?ve got the grill warming up. Time to get the burgers on before I get wet. It?s been a beautiful day8)

Man, you got a lot done...good stuff. Burgers sound good, too...beats my ham and swiss right now.

Good on thunder...I like a good storm. Enjoy all.

Pumped down and disconnected an A/C for a custy I took a tree down for over a year ago. Did quotes, fixed some pumps and got ready for a week of storm cleanup.

20180507_104252.jpg

Back