How'd it go today?

THIS. You counted on brushing the first 35 years and it worked, but you really need to change your game at the age you are now. Or rather, the ages you are about to become.

I miss all the teeth I've lost.

I dodged a bullet.

I asked the dentist if I should start flossing. He said it would not hurt anything, but it was not necessary.

He did say that if I were to brush every day I would not need to come back in after the cleaning I am going in for on Thursday. Maybe three years for another x ray.

but it was not necessary.

Jim, your doc is a quack. No dentist in the world (except him, I guess) will tell you that flossing isn't necessary. Brushing and mouthwash will NEVER remove the crap that flossing will.

Get a second opinion - just ask ANY other dentist. I'm sure they won't be insane... I hope.

As far as I know, I am the only person he has ever told that flossing was optional.

He harps on my wife to floss all the time.

I guess he had never seen someone like me.

He was confident that if I brushed every day I would not need to come back for years and years.

He was confident that if I brushed every day I would not need to come back for years and years.

Sounds like the tree guy who comes over to look at your property and says your trees are fine, you don't need anything.

Hygiene is important but genetics will have the last word. I have brushed and flossed and gargled most of my life and my teeth are still falling out.

Hygiene is important but genetics will have the last word. I have brushed and flossed and gargled most of my life and my teeth are still falling out.

Gotta love it. I stay quite vigilant about my dental care (its a big pita btw) and my teeth get dirty anyway in 48 hrs.

Must be all that damn inuit blood coursing through Jim's oversized veins.

I was taught that if you brushed and flossed your teeth thoroughly, you only had to do it every 24 hours. It takes that long for the bacteria to start multiplying. That was a long time ago and now they say 3 times a day again, so whos knows.

Use those lil dental brushes. Err on the side of caution, at least until you're 50.

Glad to hear it Jim. That's impressive.

Gum health is often more of an adult issue, whereas cavities tend to be more of a childhood issue.

More rain! I really need some Filson gear, and to man up.

Its a blessing this week, beyond building a chipper body, my current body gets picked up on saturday. After work the last three nights my knees hurt from putting down new flooring upstairs, i need to patch a hole in the concrete outside, re edged all my flower beds/spring clean up, plenty of other finishing touches all for the house to go on the market Monday. Theres currently over a dozen people looking to get a showing, so they claim (signs up). The areas hot, up and coming, to busy for this guy. We are onto better things, come May 31st, (extremities crossed).

The Carhart vinyl rain suite has treated me well for the last two years and is reasonable cheap. Like wearing a plastic bag but it keeps you dry. Not for warm weather tho.

Good luck with the sale B!

HOA.....some of these people are on a control trip it seems. I can understand some stuff, but holly cow....we have been waiting for approval on some of our jobs for a month.

Hope you fellas have an awesome day! I'm going to be up to me nuts in grease today....maintenance day..yea!

Also, what you eat and where you grew up.
I grew up on an island with a high natural flouride content in the ground water.
People have been found to have less cavities on that Island.

I haven't been to see a dentist for 20 some years either.
Used to go for a yearly checkup, then the dentist told me I was wasting my time, and to come back if I ever had a problem.

I'm as close to religious as an atheist can get about brushing and flossing and I've always worn a mouth guard when sparring.

Never had a cavity and don't get Tartar.
At least one part of my body functions well:)

Teef is good!

Shop day today, fixed a few motors and went over the 088. Had a idle issue, tore down to take the carb apart and found a rubber hose holding the throttle, problem solved. Dressed the bar, greased needle bearing, washed the filters, hope it's a go for work.

I dodged a bullet.

I asked the dentist if I should start flossing. He said it would not hurt anything, but it was not necessary.

He did say that if I were to brush every day I would not need to come back in after the cleaning I am going in for on Thursday. Maybe three years for another x ray.

One other thing about flossing and keeping bacteria down in the mouth is that higher levels of bacteria are tied to increased risk of heart attack if I recall.

That second opinion or a google search could confirm.

Back