How'd it go today?

had a cougar at our forested worksite today.

Tweaked my knee again. Could be significant. Will have to get it checked out, I think. Medial collateral ligament or medial meniscus, I'd guess.

Sean I've always enjoyed reading your posts. But every time you put something up about the body breaking down from the work we do I have been tempted to challenge you on it. I haven't because at some point it just seems rude to me.

So, at this juncture, - if ones beliefs have anything to do with the results they get in life - are you happy with the results you're getting in your body?

No worries about possibly being rude, particularly when you have something worth sharing.

I didn't follow your post, though. Please elaborate.

This spot on my knee has bothered me a tiny bit, on and off, for a few years.

I have Lots of miles on my legs.

We could talk to people that have more miles on their legs Sean than you do. A significant portion of them would tell us all the great benefits that gives them.

You have a belief system somewhere along the line that using our bodies wears them out. This is not a fact, this is a belief.

Are you happy with the results that line of thinking is giving you and do you want to continue down that path?

If yes I will shut up. If not we could go to another thread and I could tell you some possible places to look.

Nice fire Sam! I bet that's quite a feeling to burn your tree at days end, relaxing with a beer.

"Moving without Pain" book is on my xmas list, Merle, thanks for the heads up.

I know, you're probably wondering why I would wait till xmas to get it. Well, hopefully after I read it I'll wonder why I waited too!;)

...a belief system somewhere along the line that using our bodies wears them out. This is not a fact, this is a belief.

... we could go to another thread and I could tell you some possible places to look.

Btw, please post that thread, that sounds fascinating.

"Using our bodies wears them out"

Of course it does, people who work physically most of their lives are far more likely to have knackered joints, backs, hearts etc.

I think it's in line with the difference between training and competition. Training keeps the mechanic working and hopefully enhances the performances. Don't move and do nothing puts the body in a bad shape. But competition always pushes the body beyond its limits, wearing down and cumulating the "scars". It seems that our job (like a lot of others) often makes us passing over our limits without noticing it most of the time. It's like the stress fracture in the materials.

Mostly, tree work seems to accent my old injuries from else where. Dislocated shoulder, lower back, old sprains, arthritis...........

That makes a lot of sense Stephen, it's like a slow grind. Made me realize that climbing, hanging around, and the pressure form the saddle actually makes my lower back feel better. . . I'm not ready for the long cold winter :cry:

15328138_1208420442527228_1788801695_n.jpg

Winter?

Tha frig is that???

stupid-criminals.jpg

....You have a belief system somewhere along the line that using our bodies wears them out. This is not a fact, this is a belief....

Your "belief" in Somantics is impressive, Merle. While I agree that pain can often be controlled, degeneration of cells through age and use is not a belief, but is a fact. That does not even include physical trauma. I would love you to prove me wrong.:D

Back