How'd it go today?

Justin, Fiona, I really tried to remember to wrap the thumb this time. Not perfect, but better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-ZCSdIigy1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's awesome to see you getting those thumbs around at times. Keep at it man. That tree you're in is a perfect example of a stuffed up hairy mess where it's really easy to catch a kickback off of a little limb or stub that you didn't see. Having those thumbs wrapped gives you so much better purchase on the saw in case of an accidental kickback. No one plans to have an accidental kickback, but sooner or later everyone has them and a secure grip on the saw can be difference between a life changing moment or just a scary one. Just keep doing what you're doing in the vid, be aware of your thumb position and actively correct it, you'll end up changing up a bad habit to a good one.

What a beasty thing that tree was. Awesome work positioning and I really like how you beat some feet at times to get in the clear and stay safe when felling the individual stems from the ground. To many people are lazy/complacent IMO and spend much to much time standing around the stump or sauntering casually away.

Looking good!

Awesome work positioning and I really like how you beat some feet at times to get in the clear and stay safe when felling the individual stems from the ground. Too many people are lazy/complacent IMO and spend much to much time standing around the stump or sauntering casually away.

+10

Beating feet is a sign of experience, hanging close is for noobs.

had a cougar at our forested worksite today.

Tweaked my knee again. Could be significant. Will have to get it checked out, I think. Medial collateral ligament or medial meniscus, I'd guess.

Had a strange little coincidence earlier today, just those random thoughts that are always ticking over as you go about your daily business. I parked in a street today and recalled a job I bid in that street a couple years ago, didn't get it, no big deal. I got home just then and the same HO has sent a quote request via my website and it would have been within 10-15 mins of me parking in the street and recalling that bid.

Sean, bad news on the knee. I'm close to pressing the button on a loader and this sort of stuff is what worries me.

Hope it's nothing.

Had a strange little coincidence earlier today, just those random thoughts that are always ticking over as you go about your daily business. I parked in a street today and recalled a job I bid in that street a couple years ago, didn't get it, no big deal. I got home just then and the same HO has sent a quote request via my website and it would have been within 10-15 mins of me parking in the street and recalling that bid.

Signwritten van?

No signage Mick. Originally I intended to just ignore but I'll go and put a comfortable price on it since its local.

It's not a personal slight, they probably just had a boiler go or a car breakdown or more probably the husband and wife disagreed about it and it went on the back burner.

Yeah true, once someone here (forgot who) said something similar to "you never go back, you won't get it etc" but I've done it before and it taught me they shouldn't be written off. The little timing coincidence if anything means "it was meant to be" haha

Sean...41 years ago I had a left medial menisectomy here. Took about a year to get bank up to normal. But if you need sursurgery, things are better now in recovery phase...usually only a few months. Rehab is big part of it.

Maybe you will not need surgery.

Just finished up a two day gig with a control freak custy. The Boys were totally done with the fool.
Example. I was climbing a 130 footer, and he had stopped me to talk to me for about the forth time to offer his opinion on how the tree should come apart. I looked down at him from 30 feet up, whilst on the head sets, and said, "you do realize that telling me how to do my job will incur a surchage, costing you more money, right?".
Eyes got big.
This was not the only incident. He was like a little shoo fly on the ground as I was bombing stuff out.
He is a regular, usually asks for one more thing done after we collect the check. Not this time. :lol:
Rob was told how to deck the logs about 5x :lol:

You just have to bludgeon some people with sarcasm and truth to get them to leave you alone.

Back