How'd it go today?

Yup, Stephen, it would have been pretty ironic, losing them just as I have found a use for them again.

Glad things turned out for the good Stig.

Took it easy today...made a run to the bank to deposit some bank...cut firewood for a couple hours for a friend and trimmed a little Weeping Cherry.

The only thing worse than a boring day is a hugely overbid boring day...

Patric doing tree work...

unnamed-303.jpg

Andy did every ounce of the "work" we had to do...

unnamed-302.jpg

Here's a Maple I ran away from like Forest Gump.

unnamed-304.jpg

Here's a Cottonpig I fell Sat.

unnamed-301.jpg

Here's some Elk by my house.

Attachments

• unnamed-300.jpg
    unnamed-300.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 35
More break downs today, actually got the rental company to drive 2.5 hours to bring me a new machine. I like this grinder no Damn green teeth and boy does this thing tear up stumps, only had 10 hours on it.
Finally get to go home tomorrow. And I think I'm gonna start looking for a job cutting for someone else. Gotta be somebody that needs a logger I hope.

Jed, I don't know if I could have kept my finger of the trigger with those elk. Your a better man than me

Yeah, couldn't tell if there were any bulls in the bunch, but as they say, you can't eat the horns. I guess those would be Roosevelt Elk Jed? Great pics guys. Glad for your 'nad Stig!

"Uh, yeah... there calling for rain over here too sir... Grunden's!!!
"
Rained overnight and gonna be well into the morning. Glad we got that done yesterday. No access would've sucked.

Great pics. Motor shop has me busy but I manage to squeeze in my project build. Hope it will work, could only afford for two sides, get a stump or two then I'll get two more.

IMG_20151109_160728.jpg

Starting to come together there Peter.
Well the boss and his wife dropped the ball on the expo stuff. They got our passes but forgot to book the rooms. The two of us that are going offered to pay for it and were told no we got it. I'm ready to lose it. Shouldn't of even mentioned it to them and just booked it myself. Lesson learned. Back to work. I hope I don't forget to tie a limb off or something.

Well I'm finally headed home. Yee haw. It was starting to feel like factory work. I'm ready to relax for a nite and start getting ready for winter

Well I'm not going to the expo now, but I know my wife had found rooms close to Pittsburgh for 350 for 5 days. I'll find out of she booked them when she gets outta work

Great pics. Motor shop has me busy but I manage to squeeze in my project build. Hope it will work, could only afford for two sides, get a stump or two then I'll get two more.

View attachment 64792

You're the machinist/ builder here, Peter, so for whatever my armchair experience is worth, stumpers have a lot of impact/ vibration. Overbuild it!

I'm interested to see what you come up with. Do you have any drawings? Just take a picture and post it.

Rich, that sucks, hope it works out.

Jim, they are economy stumpgrinder teeth, they have a bit of a positive rake/angle to them. I considered lathe toolage, but the costs are pretty much the same, no savings with the lathe toolage.

Sean, no drawings, I've only used a stump grinder a handfull of times, so I'm going by what they were and what dimensions I can get of the internet and what my wallet can afford. The frame I've built to handle bigger parts, and engine. Right now I have a 10.5hp and a 8" disc on a 1" shaft. But I wanted standard stump grinder teeth and pockets. I'd like to find a 13hp engine, increase the disc to 12" on a 1.5 shaft, but those are all things that can be easily changed.

Sometimes I wish I made better life choices so I would have had more money at this point in my life.... but at any rate I've another $136 CAD for the cutters pictured.

Knocked out a couple 24"dead Red Oaks with the crane this morning, then another job...climbed/removed 30" pine (have to look this one up...never seen one before)...what a messy, tangly thing...cones galore growing on the spar. These were the last two jobs that contractor has on the books for now.

I have a couple days off now, because of weather, to get a few things done around my place (plenty to do here)

Well I turned in my hours, collected a check (that is a little light)and I'm finally home.met at the door by my 2 year old that seems happy to have his daddy home

Back