How'd it go today?

I think about the TH at work often, sometimes I'll tie in twice for a cut and think "Falling to my death will be bad enough, but having Burnham shaking his head and saying "I told that whippersnapper" would be unbearable":D

(Take it as a compliment B!)

Take care of yourself Stephan, no need to go that hard!

My wife just called, my FIL is in the hospital, he hasn't been eating, again, and they are treating him for dehydration. It's just a waiting game now, with a lot of mental preparation for my wife. Her and her sister are going to visit him tonight, I don't expect it it's going to be a pleasant night here.

Thanks everyone.. I am doing better today... Got the Wraptor running and ready for tomorrow. Training the new groundie on roping. Small trim out over a house. Rob will work with her on the ground and me in the air.
Now off to see if a guy wants the Datsun. I would really like that 44mag he has :/:

Didn't have the most productive day today. We had to hold off in the morning because of higher than normal traffic and snow covered road in our work zone. I've got a new hire climber with me this week (of course it's all bucket work) and trying to get a feel for his knowledge. He has 3 years climbing with asplundth. I got out the rigging line and blocks and asked if he knew what they were. He did but said he only had to rig maybe a dozen times. He also admits that he is very lacking in that area. Gonna let him rig down a smaller maple tomorrow and try to give him a basic crash course in lighter rigging. I will say he does seem to be very methodical in approaching things and is always aware of the whole situation around him.

Nice! Never got to be a fan of the single action grips though, but that's just me.

Wife just got home, sounds like the FIL will be going into a home. He's really pretty far gone mentally and at 5' 10" he's down to around 130lbs. It sucks, but I think it's the best for everyone.

Knocked out a decent pine today, all went real smooth (in the tree anyway) got all done limbing, knocked the top out of it and realized my groundie wasn't doing anything but holding down the ground. So when I got down I simply took him off the job. Luckily my 14 year old boy got home from school and helped with all the cleanup. He really is a hard worker. I'm down right proud of how he is turning out

Didn't have the most productive day today. We had to hold off in the morning because of higher than normal traffic and snow covered road in our work zone. I've got a new hire climber with me this week (of course it's all bucket work) and trying to get a feel for his knowledge. He has 3 years climbing with asplundth. I got out the rigging line and blocks and asked if he knew what they were. He did but said he only had to rig maybe a dozen times. He also admits that he is very lacking in that area. Gonna let him rig down a smaller maple tomorrow and try to give him a basic crash course in lighter rigging. I will say he does seem to be very methodical in approaching things and is always aware of the whole situation around him.

Probably a methodical person might take to training well.

You can't teach situational awareness quickly. That's an asset.

Sorry Andy. Homes are no fun.

Thats great TimberTramp! My boy is useful as titmeat. But he is only three.;)

Is your asthma controlled well most of the time Stephen? I dont have it but have been around people with respiratory distress. F'ing scary.

Bout the only thing I can do to help is tell the victim how to use an inhaler properly. Talk about feeling useless.

Take care of yourself.

We repollarded a bunch of lindens at a castle.
Finished early and got signed up to do a few more.
Since I was home early, I went for a ride in the forest with my wife.
It is fun for someone like me, whose riding skills are pretty fundamental, to ride with someone who really knows how.
We were talking about something to do with leg strength training in horses, and to make a point, she did a perfect Piaffe.
Honestly, I don't know where on the horse the switch that controls that is placed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PdBkHEqatzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Picked up our new pigs in the chip truck..
3f0a5eb713e3a96b0343e1232c9ee90a.jpg
3ea4e67ab4f8928e54b9e2aa7f275a48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back