How'd it go today?

A guy who can crank and haul ass on a banjo, those picking fingers going wild yet in a contained manner, the fret hand moving in small increments on the neck yet producing big musical changes, in an insane thing of beauty.

And while we are on the subject, that banjo scene in "Deliverance" is one of the most incredible scenes ever in a movie.

Fixed a pain in the ass little part on my board edger. Not complicated, but sort of delicate to weld with a stick welder. Got it rigged to get me going, but I'll buy a new one when I get some money in. Funny thing is it works better than new, now.:/: I've got lumber stacking up all over the place. Going back to logging tomorrow, I think.

Been suffering from a horrendous toothache for a few days now. Percocet is doing nothing for it. Does that stuff go bad? I got the scrip filled last April for a different tooth problem, and never used it. I can take pain most anywhere on my body, but not my head. Headache, toothache, earache are all unbearable.

It shouldn't go bad in that time. Maybe I should come buy some wood from you. I need an outbuilding or two. Get some clove oil in the meantime and rub it on your gum or chew on a clove until you can get some oil.

Ordered the part for the one tone today. A pressed in bypass tube that goes into the block. I thought it was pressed in and was argued with. So I tried to extract it, no, it's not threaded... It's pressed in. Finally got a part number.. Finally got two ordered in case one is wrong. The one being the order that will come in Tuesday. So all of us are going to have to work out of the Nissan Sentra for a few days.:|:
Datsun is still on the lift it seems getting the clutch done. See if I get that back Monday or Tuesday.
So I have to reschedule everything for a few days and handle it.
Oh well...
At least Levi has some new shoes today. I have some cold beer. Life is ok for now.

I had some street cones sitting by my shop, and with the extra ordinary heavy snow this past winter, the road was kind of indiscernible. A garbage truck crushed them. I pointed it out to the garbage pick up guy a few weeks ago, He seemed kind of non-commital about rectifying their error, and I figured whatever. I got to the shop in the morning and there were two new and purdy cones sitting out there. :rockon:

:lol: I can relate..

I have played Folsom Prison Blues and Sweet Home Alabama for fifteen years now. I HATE them now, but everyone dances when we play them. I just walk outside and sit on a bench when someone requests them now.

I spent most of the day fixing and prepping chainsaws and small engines at the fire house. We have a neat mix of Cutters Edge, stihl, and a Homelite. all take a different mix.
Spent the rest of the day training the new guys on hose lays and water drafting.

:lol: I can relate..

I have played Folsom Prison Blues and Sweet Home Alabama for fifteen years now. I HATE them now, but everyone dances when we play them. I just walk outside and sit on a bench when someone requests them now. I got booed at a free gig one time when I asked the gal in our band to play my favorite waltz. It was a bunch of Canadians down for a wedding. I yelled " Listen you assholes, I am playing for free and I want to play a waltz." No one danced!

I spent most of the day fixing and prepping chainsaws and small engines at the fire house. We have a neat mix of Cutters Edge, stihl, and a Homelite. all take a different mix.
Spent the rest of the day training the new guys on hose lays and water drafting.

I guess that must be a big part of being a successful professional musician, doing a good job playing the ones the crowd loves but you are sick of. I can imagine it must be really hard.

Three different mixes around seems like begging for a mistake.

Funny you should mention that Jay...just watched "Alice's Restaurant" on TV recently. What a hoot!

I never want to hear Old time rock & roll or Achy Breaky Heart again...ever.

Been long enough since I played In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida I could probably stand it once...

I'm with ya on free bird too

I had forgotten about old time rock and roll!:X I play bass with an Native American band off of the reservation once in a while, and we do play Free Bird and Smoke on the Water! We will play Paranoid and then break into White Sport Coat and a Pink Carnation, hell of a lot of fun. I have never gigged with a lousy Indian musician, ever. Those cats off the reservation can play.

we may have to start a "Songs I don't want to hear" thread...don't know if I can stop now :lol:

heel toe dosie do...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ytei6bu7kQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T5ZU3TGf7Iw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back