How'd it go today?

Ouch!
Cut a weird pecan this evening. Trunk came up straight for about fifteen feet, made a bend and ran parallel to the ground for about 40'. No high tip but only a couple of limbs over the house. Rigged them down, cut 20' off the main leader, rappelled down and pulled it over. I was due for an easy one.

Friends neighbor had a guy drop a tree for him for $200

Today I got a call to chip some branches for a do it yourself service line clearance job. Nowhere near as bad as that, but the gutter was hanging like it and the downpipe broken.

I would have charged about $200 to do it properly, the lines still aren't clear to the standard. Don't think I'll even bother to ring back with a chipping price, I'd want that to untangle the mess.

Well, It is good to be back.:) I spent four days in Great Falls Mt. training on aviation with the Lewis and Clark Hotshots. The last three days were spent on Helicopter Crew Member. It was pretty cool, stuff like safety, helispot, crash protocol, sling loads and heli bucket work. Did not get to go for a ride, but got to train with a Bell 205++. (hot rod Huey)
They even had a flight helmet that would fit my noggin.

Cut two holes in a wall and played carpenter installing Windows for a friend wants me to do more inside
work at my leisure. Rainy day work yay!

Drove a buddy out to county courthouse and spent a few hours waiting in a parking lot this morning.

No more than got home and got a call for help so drove 50 miles to help out a friend starting his own tree business today.

His climber was outmatched by a Silver Maple. I drove down and knocked out the more difficult stuff in that and took down a box Elder Lead that was leaning over the House.

He way under bid the job (his first) and has already lost money on it. I helped out for about 4 hours and charged him for the fuel I used, told him to fire his present climber and find another, agreed to help him interview climbers when he got it set up, and gave him a bit of advice on bidding jobs.

He Bid a big Silver across the street at a much more sensible price after I left.;)

Now back to work on my poor neglected banjo that I just put new strings on8)

This video I made from Fridays job. Was only supposed to trim, turned into 2 removals.
Did job in 5hrs but had 3 more small jobs on schedule. I ended up having to reschedule 1 job.

You've almost got it!

Here's how to embed videos;

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button - a embed button will appear underneath/to the left.
3) Scroll down and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/djXbraDCJzc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gardening all weekend with my wife, hoping to improve on last year's show.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 43
Back