How'd it go today?

The snow left it's in the 40's and misting . By golly I did run a chainsaw today .One of the downed trees across my dirt road in the woods .15 minutes with the little 024 .

Those lawns people must do alright .Relatively new truck,nice trailer ,Dixie chopper mower,Honda hand mower ,Stihl blowers ,hedge trimmers etc .

They have an outfit over here which the owner is making 6 figures! He has two crews, two trucks, and trailers. Average yard takes them 8 minutes.

I met one woman that does it too .About 35 ,blonde ,cute .Mows lawns and pushs snow ,does just fine at it .Better than working at Walmart.

Thumb up!

Just so say nothing ... :)

Andrew, he's not suggesting how not to fight fires. Personally, I'd never say that to someone with a proven safety record and with more experience than myself. Also, the man is a teacher of many. Accepting the advise or not is a different matter and your freedom.

Andrew, he's not suggesting how not to fight fires. Personally, I'd never say that to someone with a proven safety record and with more experience than myself. Also, the man is a teacher of many. Accepting the advise or not is a different matter and your freedom.

I never questioned the authority of Burnham. But I am entitled to use my personal experience ...:)
009.JPG 024.JPG 004.JPG 007.JPG

Wow, we didn't work yesterday or today, so the Boss drove an hour up here to pay me! Said he was taking the Wife shopping up in the big city anyway but it's still a good 20-30 miles out of his way.

Found out my day rate is more than we talked about too. No complaints from me. :D

Well. Did a stage two removal of a black walnut today. Was in the way of a solar array..
Now I am getting ready to take Katy out for our 9th anniversary ... Just a movie and dinner. But having kids really dampens the ability for just a nice night out for us parents. Should be a nice evening. Just dreading that 2 hour drive home

Coming to the end of a long couple of days here. Worked yesterday then plowed in the evening then my old plow truck broke down. Clutch slave, internal. Means removing the tranny. After getting it home and in my shop(drove it with no clutch), diagnosing and starting to repair. I got three hours sleep and up at 2am to plow all day and then finish(almost) ripping it all apart.

I'm beat and it's starting to snow again.

I had a good bud stop by and help me out this afternoon. Makes a world of difference to have a extra set of hands that knows how to wrench.

Well. Did a stage two removal of a black walnut today. Was in the way of a solar array..
Now I am getting ready to take Katy out for our 9th anniversary ... Just a movie and dinner. But having kids really dampens the ability for just a nice night out for us parents. Should be a nice evening. Just dreading that 2 hour drive home

Congratulations!

Haven't been on in a bit. Took a much needed get away down south with some friends in Louisiana, went and hung out with Keith again, had a blast hanging out, and banging out a bunch of work with him and crew while I was in town. Helped recharge my batteries a bit.

I had a crazy drive home. The last 1.5 hours I drove through the worst storm I've ever driven through. It's night time, pitch black, rain is coming down in huge sheets and you can hardly see 15ft in front of you, if that. Everyone went from doing 70 to about 30 mph on the interstate. Wind was gusting pretty high and then the lightning was just insane. It would turn the night into day it would be so bright. There was one huge lightning strike, like one I've never seen before. It was gigantic, and went from that white color to orange to red to a greenish yellow all in that split second and it kind of lingered in the sky for a few seconds, kind of like an impression or whatever you want to call it. Freaked me out for a second, it was so big and bright and instantaneous I had thought a big ass bomb had gone off or something and I was waiting for the shock wave haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, we had some bad weather pass through yesterday. Good to hear you made it through the tempest!

Back