How'd it go today?

Good Lawd I'd hate to think of what a new Harley screamin eagle would be .Wow .

Just checked that for you.
There is a single one for sale in the whole country.

Price: $62,909.09

The $3200 is not just registering, that is only about $300, it is the import tax.BTW

I worked today - big roadside cottonwood to kill & 25 other trees to lift. Real PITA - we had to set-up temporary lights & run stop & go boards on 2 side roads. Never the best of days but was enhanced by the sleet & rain

That's sounds truly horrific Pete!

We had a heavy snow and the phone started to ring. Some folks were given an estimate quite awhile ago, and while they were thinking about it their trees went flopping down on a neighbor's new house. Surprising how quickly they decided to make up their minds. Cold as hell, I'm thinking about taping those carbon heat bags to my dainty fingers.

Bright sun here today. First time for weeks. Forecast overnight is real cold.

Not a bike day tomorrow I think!

Not much today .Picked up of all things a Stihl 015 vintage early 70's .Looks nearly new and 40 years old at that .It's for my wifes cousin who has back problems .The only one of that model I've ever seen in my life time .

All I did was dump the old gas and put in new ,primed it with a squirt bottle and 5 pulls later it was running.Actually considering the age and only 2 cubic inch it does pretty good .It will never be an oak slayer but it will cut firewood and that's what he needs .

A crane job in the woods today, pretty intense work as we needed to get it done in one day and lots of trees. Had a chance to work with my Nepalese Sherpa friend, we needed an extra man. It has been awhile. Funny guy and strong as an Ox. Nepalese are cool, the ones I know are very easy going and have simplistic desires. The guy has summited Everest three times, needless to say that he gets along well with tasks at heights, and is a tireless worker.

Wow, he sounds like most of the other sherpas I have read about- easygoing, strong like bull, tireless. Doesn't get much better than that!

Dead topped 5 rotten old Manitoba maples.
slow and steady won the race home by 5:30 some scarey stuff.
Glad i waited to do them frozen, pretty sure frozen punk wood is
whole lot stronger than punk wood.

Wow, he sounds like most of the other sherpas I have read about- easygoing, strong like bull, tireless. Doesn't get much better than that!

Yeah, Cory, whenever I make eye contact with him he just starts to grin. Interesting and sometimes chilling stories about working in the Himalayas too, and he stays up on the latest news from there. Some poor Italian recently lost his mind at 7000 meters. He told me that certain mountains aren't allowed to be climbed because the Gods are up there. Like many Nepalese, a fervent Buddhist. I get the impression that it is what helps make for his good attitude. Here he splits his time between being a mountain guide, tree work, and recently opened a small curry restaurant at the foot of what they call the Japanese alps. Never seems to stop working.

Sorry I haven't been on much lately, have had a crap load of personal things I've been dealing with the past week. Been going, up, down, sideways, just about any direction you can think of.

One good highlight was the Ohio tree conference, had a good time meeting old friends, and some new ones. Carl is a character to be around when he's not trying to sell something haha. Great time up there, took a lot away from that show.

One of the large properties I work on, they have to replace about 1.5 kms of sheep fencing. About 1km is bordered by massive old pine trees (where we cut down the dead one last year). They needed to clear the fenceline and cut back some of the long heavy branches...tried to do it themselves, got two trees 'done' then decided to ask me to finish it.
They had tried to cut 18", 15' long branches in one go back at the trunk...made a bit of a mess. Also they needed all their workforce at their sawmill.

It took me and the hubby just less than three days to do the whole stretch, he was driving their 44 yr old loader with a big steel bucket on the front that I harnessed into, got up about 15'. Mmm Hmmmm, hard work, but done and billed now!

Attachments

• IMGP7424.jpg
    IMGP7424.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 65
  • IMGP7426.jpg
    IMGP7426.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMGP7427.jpg
    IMGP7427.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMGP7429.jpg
    IMGP7429.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 68
Ha, they use it to empty the sawdust and chips at the sawmill...

My hubby said it was a pig to operate, at least three different things to do to move it, or operate the loader...air, gears, clutch, fuel pressure, air pressure...etc, etc, etc, it killed his knees, he was limping by the end of the day!

Thats a great loader, we have one at work. We call her Myrtle. she rarely comes out much.
I sympathize with your husband, there are many levers, and throttles in the cab.

We also have a JD 624, That one's a stallion in comparison.
Though, able to be flipped pretty quick too.

I'll probably be doing a bunch more TH time for the next 4 weeks. especially during nap time.
I acquired 4 weeks medical leave from work for looping my xr650 and dislocating my thumb.
I got it back in place every time it popped out, but that was the thing after the 5th time, i thought something was up.
They called it game keepers thumb. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamekeeper's_thumb
I sidestepped an eight week cast for a 4 week brace/splint/jobber. Pretty happy for that.

So viola, instant vacation...Thank God above for sick time....

See you all around.
Stig, your comment on the Danish National pasttime of cheating taxes really made me laugh.
Good thinking on the frame swap, many bikes are swappable.

Matt, Fantastic looking bike, Absolute Brills! You're stoked.

So, no motorbikes or climbing for a month.

Ha.

I thought I'd have an easy day slaying a big red oak with the bucket, then the homeowner decided to have us TD a giant bull pine... all climbing. No biggie, just drop everything, I had it on the ground in about 45'. Gotta love those add-ons! :beer:

Ran some errands .Stopped by the saw shop and bought an 034 super on the cheap from the dead pile .Looks like a relatively easy fix ,piston ,air filter cover .

If I could land a box car full of those 25 dollar specials I could make a bloody fortune .:yes:

Back