How'd it go today?

That or ... "please miss my widdle twee......."
Or my house, leave some screen between me and the neighbors... Oh... The cat grass... Don't hit the cat grass... Oh, and my lillacs.... Wait... There is a fence back there and on't hit the grand kid's fort..........

View attachment 45831View attachment 45832View attachment 45833View attachment 45834View attachment 45835View attachment 45830

Oops.. :lol:
View attachment 45836

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qUfeHdy0NJo?list=UUk58eFKc-ze2LcinTOBaOmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice Stephen. On that pic 7:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360285671.543466.jpg

Me Like COFFEE!!!!!! :D

Thanks Bud :)

Today was bit of an effort in keeping my head and then refocusing into Dwarf Mistletoe to be pruned out of a row of Monterrey Pines.
Had a rough morning an am really close to either firing a lawyer or hunting him down and taking money back in blood. But seeing I am generally a reasonable man, I am going to give him Monday and Tuesday to sort his and my shit out before I go into felon mode.
Then, I went back up our hill to prune the pines.
Never been touched. HOs don't want me to take a lot out of them. They are young and brittle, no more than 40-45 foot high. Dwarf mistletoe throughout.. Way out on tips of limbs you can barely get at no matter. And please don't cut more than the mistletoe out, at least be minimal. Crossed limbs ignore. Hell, they'd argue over dead limbs.:what:
Oh well, it's done.. Two years I'll do it again probably. Pruned it out of four and inspected two more. There are eight in the row. Last two were very clean as the first few in the row get the brunt of it.
Snowing now, may get a day off. I have canceled skiing for Monday as I have to settle some legal issues over all the lawyer fugged up. I need to go burn something :X

Weird, I've never seen mistletoe on the pines down here. It seems to exclusively look for water oaks...

This link is off a bit in that broad leaf does a better job at photosynthesis. Making it less of a parasite, or actually, non parasitic in nature.

I'm not sure about that. It's still taking water and nutrients from the tree, so I think it would still be classified as a parasite, even if it does all of it's own photosynthesis.

Been told each way.. far as I am concerned... Needs to die... LOL
I see it's merit however... Birds that stay through the winter are feeding on it right now with not much else to choose from.

Wow, we got some snow.

22" on my road at the moment. cannot get out to go to work. 3-4' snow drift in front of my garage and to my back door. i got the mini out and plowed a path, but i wont be able to get 20' down the road without plowing with my front bumper

Geeze did I pull a dandy yesterday .Damned little Poulan s-25 ,my wifes cousin won't run .

The little SOB didn't appear to be pulling fuel .So Al the genious ran a piece of clear fuel line into an open fuel tank ,pulled the thing over and it must have backfired through carb and good old Al had a flaming saw in his hand .

Well I got the fire out ,just singed the hair off my arm is all.Damned close though I need to get my head outta my ass though it seems .

Geeze did I pull a dandy yesterday .Damned little Poulan s-25 ,my wifes cousin won't run .

The little SOB didn't appear to be pulling fuel .So Al the genious ran a piece of clear fuel line into an open fuel tank ,pulled the thing over and it must have backfired through carb and good old Al had a flaming saw in his hand .

Well I got the fire out ,just singed the hair off my arm is all.Damned close though I need to get my head outta my ass though it seems .

I would loved to see that. :)

Imagine this! There I stood with my thumb in my ass trying to figure out how to get the fire out before it cooked the saw .Kicking that thing around like a soccer ball untill it landed in a puddle of water .It's a wonder I didn't break my great toe or one of the lesser .

Damned things must be tough because I threw that thing about 30 foot when it tried to cook my arm .Didn't hurt it that I can see .

That little SOB is starting to annoy me .I've never been skunked by a saw in my life and this one is not going to be the first . I might have to banish this one to the shelf until I get my cool back though .--mumble grumble --

I've got a little top handled Echo here that I'm sick of......damn thing is making me feel dumb.

Imagine this! There I stood with my thumb in my ass trying to figure out how to get the fire out before it cooked the saw .Kicking that thing around like a soccer ball untill it landed in a puddle of water .It's a wonder I didn't break my great toe or one of the lesser .

Damned things must be tough because I threw that thing about 30 foot when it tried to cook my arm .Didn't hurt it that I can see .

That little SOB is starting to annoy me .I've never been skunked by a saw in my life and this one is not going to be the first . I might have to banish this one to the shelf until I get my cool back though .--mumble grumble --

Working 24/7 at the moment. Making hay while the sunshines up and down the UK.

500 miles on the road surveying yesterday!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360510896.841473.jpg

I've got a little top handled Echo here that I'm sick of......damn thing is making me feel dumb.

You can turn wrenchs for 20 years then low and behold up comes a problem that makes you think you're dumb as a box of rocks .Very humbling if nothing else .

If it's any consulation Big Dave N up in Mich was one of the best saw mechanics of all times .He and Cliff H who builds some of the fastest saws on the planet would fiddle for hours on end at times over something that stumped both of them .So everybody has their moments at times no matter who you are .

You know for years people viewed a two cycle engine as some form of black magic which it isn't .Never the less at times it makes you wonder .

1200cc GS BMW

Don't see many of those here.
With the crazy import tax on motorcycles, it retails for almost 60 grand!!!!!!

Bikes are wildly expensive here.

I just bought a -98 BMW K1100LT Austrian police motorcycle with 84000 kilometers on it in Germany.
Butt ugly but runs GREAT.
I paid $2200 for it and then found out that registering it in Denmark would cost me an additional $11,250!!!!!!!

So I found a frame for a 1984 K100 ( Which except for a bracket under the gas tank is identical to the K1100) with German papers and replaced the original frame with that. Since the bike's idenity follows the frame#, my bike is now a 1984 K100 and will cost abot $3,200 to register.:D

Like I've said before, cheating at taxes is the Danish national sport.

Now I'm just waiting for the snow to go away, so I can get to riding my new 29 year old BMW.

I worked today - big roadside cottonwood to kill & 25 other trees to lift. Real PITA - we had to set-up temporary lights & run stop & go boards on 2 side roads. Never the best of days but was enhanced by the sleet & rain

$3200 just to register a damned motorcycle my word .:whine:

Good Lawd I'd hate to think of what a new Harley screamin eagle would be .Wow .

You can turn wrenchs for 20 years then low and behold up comes a problem that makes you think you're dumb as a box of rocks .Very humbling if nothing else .

If it's any consulation Big Dave N up in Mich was one of the best saw mechanics of all times .He and Cliff H who builds some of the fastest saws on the planet would fiddle for hours on end at times over something that stumped both of them .So everybody has their moments at times no matter who you are .

You know for years people viewed a two cycle engine as some form of black magic which it isn't .Never the less at times it makes you wonder .

Spot on there Al......they can be frustrating to say the least.

I talk to R Helsel at least once a week......good old boys those guys are.

Back