How'd it go today?

Here's a pop quiz for the hydraulics experts: What would cause two different hydraulic hoses to burst at the same time inside the lower boom of an aerial lift?

started a big pine removal today, plus some live oak prunes. three day job. co worker was given a go-pro helmet cam a few weeks ago, so we may have some vids soon. should be fun to play with. got a text from a friend at another tree co, looks like they rolled their bucket. i dont have any details but the pic looked like the boom was partially deployed:O.

Defective pressure relief valve if it's the main line .

That is unless you are talking about the low pressure "pilot " control lines on something like a Hi-ranger . Those it seems just deteriate with age for some reason .

Here's a pop quiz for the hydraulics experts: What would cause two different hydraulic hoses to burst at the same time inside the lower boom of an aerial lift?

Either something allowing the pump to create too much pressure or some sort of check valve failing? Was the boom shock loaded?

Call Rich, he will probably be able to tell you. PM me if you need his cell phone number.

You would think that one hose bursting would relieve the pressure.
I went collecting money today, and had lunch with my Dad at the old folks home.

Not very civic minded attitude, though :). If all the reasonably practical people finagle their way out of jury duty, then you get stupid decisions...obviously that's happening too much as it is.

I agree, you have plenty of notice and should try to fit it in your calendar. If you cannot, you cannot, but at least try.

Drove out to a job site to leave the job site as the customer changed job parameters and I had to verify WTH they now are. He originally was supposed to have some of the work done so we knew how much more to do. HA! SO he is now another week out :P Sort of like our 5 yard penalty :lol:
So we came all the way back and did two small jobs so we could make day care on time.
Got some rope ordered and a dead eye for that valley oak I have to disassemble. Also got the skivy on the sewer line. YUP.. Right under it. :roll:
Probably not more that 2 feet deep. More like 18"... More plywood please :lol:
3 day job starts tomorrow. Rearranged the schedule for a couple more clients.
Fixed two brushers. grrrrrrrrrrr. At least they were easy fixes. All up to snuff for tomorrow anyway. Bet something breaks before the next job is out. :lol:
Just gonna sit here and chill in the cool air of the swamp cooler :)

Something pinching or chafing. Worn bushings on the leveling cable sheaves allowing them to wobble? Hose clamp came loose and allowed hoses to move? Shock load sure would be possible, did the boom bounce?

Today was long. Second Monday in a row that my main employee called in sick. He may be sick and he may be reliving his stupid younger years now he is off parole. I don't know. Either way, I think I am going to go looking a for a new guy.

What about Dave's, Ethan? Boise Bound?

a quick pruning job at a regular client then installed the tree that I prepped yesterday, ran a few errands and now home with the boy for the evening. Trying to stay clear of eBay and planning my little trip to Gasoline's place early next week. Bounce, are you working Monday?

Attachments

• IMAG0631 (Large).jpg
    IMAG0631 (Large).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0634 (Large).jpg
    IMAG0634 (Large).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0635 (Large).jpg
    IMAG0635 (Large).jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0641 (Large).jpg
    IMAG0641 (Large).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
started a big pine removal today, plus some live oak prunes. three day job. co worker was given a go-pro helmet cam a few weeks ago, so we may have some vids soon. should be fun to play with. got a text from a friend at another tree co, looks like they rolled their bucket. i dont have any details but the pic looked like the boom was partially deployed:O.

Hey Man, Let me know how you're going to upload those videos.
I'm getting really large file sizes and am unable to upload.
What Resolution, R# are you filming in?

Bummer about flipping equipment.

Helped out at a day camp again today. Set up a zipline, kids enjoyed it. Hoping to get more pics from a lady that was snapping shots off and on this afternoon, these 3 cell pix are all I managed to get :dur:

Attachments

• 2011-06-21 14.19.24.jpg
    2011-06-21 14.19.24.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-06-21 13.33.11.jpg
    2011-06-21 13.33.11.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-06-21 14.19.34.jpg
    2011-06-21 14.19.34.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey Man, Let me know how you're going to upload those videos.
I'm getting really large file sizes and am unable to upload.
What Resolution, R# are you filming in?

Bummer about flipping equipment.
my co worker is the one doing the uploading. ill ask him how he goes about it.

Wear? I have a blown hose on my back hoe where the lines go through the knuckle into the boom. I'm going to pull them all and see if the others are worn through as well.

My brother called and said "you know that tree in the front yard? When can you cut it down?" So I have a tree I can use as a filler when things get light. He is in no rush just get to it some time this summer.

Now that I think of it the damn thing has three years of christmas lights in it. Any suggestions on how to deal with that? I am thinking a pole saw head used as a sickle as the limbs hang there.

Christmas light wiring is very thin and won't hardly touch saw chain. The chipper won't notice, either (as long as the wires don't wrap around the disc bearing).

Charge extra for the christmas lights. Afterall it is your brother you said. Lol.

I've been busier than hell still. But this mailstrike/lockout thing up here is starting to piss me off. Cash flow crunch. I didn't think it would actually happen so I wasn't really worried about it, I've got a few biggies caught up in the system somewhere. I sure hope nothing gets lost and the government legislates them back to work soon.

Normally right now I've been starting early and ending late, with books and quotes I'm pushing a 16-17hr day at times now, probably 15hr average. Just hoping the work keeps coming in. Today we quit early two flats on the mini right with just the wood left to load on, wood of 7 pines otherwise I may have handbombed it to finish.

Back