Hitch Hiker Reviews

instead of pictures, i decided to make a video:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r4Y5mE4WmxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To each, their own.

People may have said that about powersaws, too, at one point.

I think that a person tends to adjust, and it becomes second nature, like driving a manual transmission.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jamie, Great video! I like how you advance the basic with the webbing. Also the multi-function witht he revolver is nice too. Well done. It's a bungee-less ropewalker more like rock climbing jumaring.

Jamie, nice video for a 1 man effort!! Seriously impressed with that overhead view. Looks like a very efficient system. Have you tried it without the Basic, just the HH and Pantin? HH would need to be on a lanyard to get it up higher and just hold the biner. I need to play with this more.

This is the video that Nick promised me;)

Well done video..that helps understand whaz happenin'.

Good field of view setup in the tree...it looks like you did all the videoing solo...that's a challenge. How did you secure the camera in the tree for the "down the rope" recording?

the webbing trick is something i picked up watching the itcc in portland. Nicky Ward-Allen from new zealand was using it. really nice to be able to go full hand over hand, that is something that always bothered me about rope walking setups with handled ascenders.

Jamie, nice video for a 1 man effort!! Seriously impressed with that overhead view. Looks like a very efficient system. Have you tried it without the Basic, just the HH and Pantin? HH would need to be on a lanyard to get it up higher and just hold the biner. I need to play with this more.

This is the video that Nick promised me;)

8). i havent really played with getting around sans basic yet, but i think it will work quite well. im thinking at some point i will mod my shoulder strap to include a clip for the HH hanger.

How did you secure the camera in the tree for the "down the rope" recording?

Gorilla pod! coolest gadget. i secured the camera and started recording, then descended and re-ascended. the bit with me descending at the end was actually from the beginning of the clip. fun with editing. still getting used to imovie. thanks. jaime

I got the gorilla pod style for $8 plus shipping by googling "cheap camera tripod".

Paul, the tending clip like jamie shows would make a nice additional product, or incorporate it with the package. A bit cleaner than Nick's self proclaimed "ghetto" tape device. I do like that both will pull out if shock-loaded.

I think I would prefer the cordage one also, Jamies HH looks pretty beat up already. Im guessing from the metal clip, I figured the gun coating would wear but was suprised that the anodizing is coming off....

I agree about the loop. I tried ti use a piece of cord at first, but the eyes kept working their way into the side slots. Ill try some thicker cord see if that works better. I do think some version of the loop should be incorporated into the HH.

Maybe a cable like the macrocender uses to as a tensioner

micrograb__39211_zoom.gif

Back