Hazard tree contract fallers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds good. I've got some 1/4" Al diamond plate, is that heavy enough?:lol:

Ye gods :\:...though the bling look would be awesome ;).

It's made of pretty light-weight stock...maybe half as thick as Brian's traffic sign would be. I'll see if I can get a micronometer on it.

Reddog is right, I just found them on page 30 of the Madsen's catalog. They have 4 different sizes depending on your axe size, price is $20-$23.

Yeah call Madsen's Burnham. Of all people I'd have expected you to have a copy of their catalog.

Axescabbard.jpg

Yup, I'm gonna see about getting one...I used to keep a Madsen's catalog around, but when I changed duty stations a year and a half ago I culled out alot of resource materials. Even so, you'd think I would have noticed that item before. It worked slicker than you might think looking at the pic in the catalog, maybe that's why it didn't stick for me...or I just forgot like old people do :cry:.

Thanks for the help friends, and the offer to try to make one especially, Dave.

It does look a little weird in the catalog but I think the weight of the axe head keeps it from falling out or moving around too much. I've thought about getting one too but when I'm in the woods falling its usually only a couple trees at a time so its not a big deal to carry an axe around.

Before I bumped any other old theads forward, I asked the elders if anyone minded...only got positive responses, so here's another good one. This is the one where we explored the idea of boring vertically in under the front of the hinge to increase the hinge's ability to flex and thus function longer...in another thread wiley p identified the technique as a swizwell, or some such. And the whizzy as well, though we all missed the significance of it 'til these several years later when sotc brought that up in a thread of it's own.

Boring horizontally will most certainly not increase flexibility!

Didn't you make this mistake once before:P

Thanks for bumping those threads BTW.
Seems like the ones you start always blossom into great discussions.
Makes for a good re-read.

Yes I did, Stg. I must be orientationally challenged. Thanks, I'll fix it...again!

Good thread. I was surprised to see fallers on a govt job not wearing chaps, unless those were saw pants but they dint look like it.

Good reading here👍,I appreciate the bump,there's no way I would have come across this otherwise.

Back