great set of hooks on ebay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
wow you guys are hard. I get tendonitis in the sole of my foot so doing big wrecks and standing on the regular hooks tears me up. These take a bit of getting used to but I really like mine now. Each to there own.

I get tendonitis in the sole of my foot so doing big wrecks and standing on the regular hooks tears me up.
A suggestion .Back in the day I wore Redwing linesmans boots which had a steel shank .They helped a lot .I don't even know if they are made these days or something similar .

I can't give much advice about a tree but on a pole how you planted youself when in the work position had a lot to do with how bad your legs ,feet and ankles felt at the end of the day . Do it wrong and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts old Charley the horse will awaken you about 2 AM .:(

Really, Al? You mean that wearing boots with a steel shank might help when standing on gaffs? Whodathunkit? I wonder if any of the tree climbers here know about that?
:|:

A suggestion .Redwing linesmans boots or wescos which have a steel shank .
how you plant youself when in the work position had a lot to do with how bad your legs ,feet and ankles felt at the end of the day . Do it wrong and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts old Charley the horse will awaken you about 2 AM .:(
:cry:

never tried them spurs b 4 i know if i got on cheepo boots i hurt like hell, im a big fan of using a false crotch and staying tied in just to take a bit of weight off the old bod,

I can't give much advice about a tree but on a pole how you planted youself when in the work position had a lot to do with how bad your legs ,feet and ankles felt at the end of the day . Do it wrong and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts old Charley the horse will awaken you about 2 AM .:(

when wrecking big wood you cant position your flipline high enough to be comfortable or youll cut it in 2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the footplate deal, took some getting used to and I am real comfy walking on limbs with them. Seems like if you are interested there are plenty of sets hanging around the TH you could try out:lol:

Back