check out this funky chipper

Made for the line-clearance crowd, who typically doesn't need huge capacity.

Easy to feed from curbside, at the back corner of the truck where the center-mounted lifts do most of the work.

That one might be a good canidate for my trailer mounted chipper idea!
But the wife is just starting to speak to me again after all the Easter fun. I think I'll keep my mouth shut:lol:

it'd be funkier if the discharge shoot pointed right at the feed.

They did. It's an Eager Beaver, built by Morbark. First treeguy I ever worked for had a small Eager Beaver. Similar to that one but a conventional layout.

I don't know much about chippers, but last year I spent a few days using one that looks exactly like that one, a rental. The feed rate was rather slow, and with the short intake chute, you have to be careful, because it can grab a long branch and whip it to the side violently, and if your leg happens be near the chute opening, it can give you a hell of good clobber. If I fed it too fast, the innards would clog up bad, and the machine wouldn't run. Clearing it out took a good while, especially of it was clogged up bad, with poor access to get to where you need to clean it out, including the exit stack. Anything too large and the machine pulled it through in stages, I guess some kind of clutch regulates, and you end up standing there and waiting too often. For short small material, I guess under 2 inches in diameter or so, it worked OK.

Like I said, built at the behest of the line clearance/street tree crowd.

Looks like it would be good for trimming over grown farm lanes. Just drive slow while it is running...

Back