GRCS: New vs. Old

I know I tell folks to send the unit to Greg if their are any problems but....

Having said that, I have heavily modified and repaired mine.

which brings me to this request:

I am looking for some good photos of the top of the grcs. especially the upper fairlead(s).

Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Frans call Greg for pictures or get the video........:lol::lol:

no..but early next week I will...yee haw.

I just ordered my GRCS. I bid a removal of a big dead black walnut today and got inspired. Its a pretty spread out tree with no center. I am going to put blocks on its five main spars, run rope through all the blocks and back to the GRCS, then put face cuts aimed toward the center with little back cuts and crank it all up until all the branches go vertical and then fall it.

I just ordered my GRCS. I bid a removal of a big dead black walnut today and got inspired. Its a pretty spread out tree with no center. I am going to put blocks on its five main spars, run rope through all the blocks and back to the GRCS, then put face cuts aimed toward the center with little back cuts and crank it all up until all the branches go vertical and then fall it.

FINALLY!!!! you will love it.8)

Sweet Darin.

I am jealous. I am now itching to get one. It's amazing how much time you can save by lifting up limbs and lowering them down in one peice.

Its got a couple of straight 8' sections but the access is poor. I have a couple of folks who'll take walnut for milling. I am not certain they can get this one.

:lol:

Go man Go! Greg Good says that all the time and now I understand why!

Welcome to the GRCS club, Darin. Bout time:P

After you get past the learning curve big removals won't be so intimadating. That tool is like a dream come true to be able to lift hold and lower and them manipulate large limbs and big wood with precision and ease by one man.

Next you will be wanting to get the accessories like a generator and drill .

going from a hobbs to a grcs is like bmx to ten speed. no biggie, darins a removal machine:D

here ya go frans, top of the grcs and a job i drove by last night that made me turn around and take a photo:D

Attachments

• grcs 002.jpg
    grcs 002.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 8
  • grcs 001.jpg
    grcs 001.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks Willi! you da man. That helps alot.

Is that a Mulberry tree?

I'll have to admit something. A warning to people who will borrow a GRCS, but not have the $$ for one like me.

Ever since using the GRCS I have a different view on tree work. I look at a tree to be removed and see limbs lifting, trunks traveling up instead of down, and much more. It's hard thinking that I have to work without one now and watch tree parts travel down not up.

My name is Brendon, and I'm addicted to GRCS. (ever see intervention)

I just had to share this because that tool shaves some serious time and hassle it's still hard to believe.

skip the pallet forks and buy one.....

Back