Gerald Beranek donation thread (OLD THREAD!)

Donations for Jerry

• Yes!

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Hmmmmm...

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Hope all goes well for you, Gerry. Maybe the 'down-time' from photography & outdoor stuff will see you finding new interests ? I can feature you putting together an on line newsletter or getting hooked on E-Bay.
Glad you've got Terry by your side in this. Let her spoil ya a little !

an on line news letter or ebay, I don't know about that. i do have a lot of video to edit, but can't sit very long at the machines.

doctor said the three outside toes were toast and will be coming off. a large hemotoba on the bottom of the foot has him concerned and a ultra sound will be done this morning to determine if it is compartmentalized or permeating through good tissue. the latter would not be good. personally i feel confident everything will be alright and will stick with it.

thanks for the well wishes. i'll keep you up to date

jerry b

going to visit Gerry this morning.
He went into surgery yesterday and had alot of foot cut off. Three toes and part of the bottom of his foot. Yeech.
He will be off his feet for some time.
I will pass on your well wishes.
:thumbup:
Terry his wife told me that one of the nurses gave him a shot for pain. She was supposed to stick the needle into a muscle, but put it into the I.V. instead!
Immediatly the drug hit Gerry very very hard. The doctors were scrambling around checking his blood pressure and heart beat every 5 min.
the nurse got into alot of trouble.
the good news is that he is in a hospital in his home town so knows many of the people working there. Thats good for healing. (it is a very small town so everybody knows each other)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, what a mistake! I hope all goes as good or better than expected towards his recovery. Crap, sad to hear. He told me he wasn't so much worried about his toes, I just hope the part of the foot they removed won't mess with him too much.

Rest Jerry, and stay strong!

Mine might be a little ugly but I love each and every one of those little buggers attached to the end of my foot. I am sorry to hear Gerry is losing some of his. I have a number of injuries, breaks, tears etc. I will never be the same as I was when I was younger. Its what you have to get used too but I have trouble with it and my damage is minor in comparison. Gerry, best of luck to you.

hey ger hope you are allright out there, wishing the best your way. hope that surgery whent well and your Codit is strong.

A friend of mine has approx 15 cm (6 inch )left of his foot and he can do pretty much everything a person with "whole" foot can do !!

Stay postitive and heal up !!!

just got home from the hospital,, minus the three toes and half the bottom of the foot. that large hemotoma turned out to be dead tissue. oh, well from here on it should be a timely recovery. once heald up i will be good to go hiking, climbing, working. really looking forward to it.

laying in bed, foot proped up and typing with one finger on laptop next to the bed. got to make some improvements on that.

jerry b

Good to hear you're on the road to recovery. Will be glad to hear you post that you're climbing again, be well.

I had to have everything I needed by my side, it took me a while to adjust to keeping my foot elevated.
Just relax as best as you can and take it one day at a time. WE will soon be back to doing backflips, tootsweet! ;)

laying in bed, foot proped up and typing with one finger on laptop next to the bed. got to make some improvements on that.

jerry b

Ha!! You'll wear that finger out! Don't forget the other 9.

Glad you're home...settle in and see if you can straighten some of us out. :D

Damn Jerry! Back in tha saddle in 6 to 8 weeks? Yesterday was 10 for me and I still can't walk. It musta just been a scratch! :P

Back