Gerald Beranek donation thread (OLD THREAD!)

Donations for Jerry

• Yes!

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Hmmmmm...

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Please don't take this the wrong way treetx, but with that helmet on, it is you who looks like they are in dire need of some help:D

Did you take the short bus?

:lol:
I did not vote on this as I already am doing what I can to help him out.
By the way vharrison, I sure like that screaming yellow shirt you sent me. Very comfortable and good construction.

Gosh Frans, that was ages ago! Glad you liked it. Thank you sending out that video to all of us. That was nice.

Be an advocate for trees and tree care....

I hear that, through my own small tree business I'm striving to educate people every chance I get. That being said I still have lots to learn myself (I'm very aware of that), before I'll be able to make a signifigant lasting contribution. I've come along ways from a redneck logger to where I'm at now.

If I order from Jerrys site do I get Highclimber and Timberfaller ???
or "just" Fundamentals of general treework ??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good question! I don't see "Highclimbers and Timberfallers."

Frans! What's up with that?

Gerry isnt one to update his site regularly says Frans, I figure just fire an email at the site and let them know what you are interested in and where its going. :) Thats what I just did in fact. I will put up info if there is anything to be had.

I want to order the books, but need too be sure that I get both books :)
don't want to get the shipping cost two times :P

Just an observation:

I see mr.B's first name spelled with a "G" and a "J"!:what:

I believe it is spelled Jerry with a "J" but am not 100% sure...can we get clearification so as not to offend the man!

HC

When I ordered The Fundamentals of Tree Work last fall, I went by the pricing on his web site. When I received the book in the mail, the packing slip stated a higher price for the cost of the book. I had sent payment already with my order, so I still owe the difference. Ooops.:(
I mention this because I'm certain that an update of the web site is due, or maybe I just fubarred it completely, a distinct possibility.
Frans, can you let us know please ???

Just an observation:

I believe it is spelled Jerry with a "J" but am not 100% sure...can we get clearification so as not to offend the man!

HC

Jerry is a nickname. Gerald is his first name.

I dont follow football, but you know when you see that guy grab the ball? Well someone brave soul always runs in front of him taking the hits from all these muscled power houses eager to pound anything in their way.

Well, I guess I am in that position of fielding questions and concerns of my friends at the TreeHouse for Gerry.

After reading the latest on this thread, I called him (this guy is asleep at 6pm, by the way), so I call him at 5:42PM. He answers in a sleepy voice, and I begin my daily drilling.
"How are you, bet you are bored outta ya gord, hang in there, lots of folks are thinking good thoughts about you, blah blah blah blah.
O.K. He told me he had hired some guy to work his web site and the guy never put the new book there.

So, here is the real deal:

The 'High Climbers & Timber Fallers' book is for sale. Yes he has a bunch of them.
If you put on the letter you send to him that you are from the TreeHouse, he will make sure you get the latest edition.

The latest edition has great different color pictures (than the first edition) and is better layed out.

The cost is:

$49.95 per book.

The shipping is:

$10.00.
the shipping is the 'flat rate' box that the U.S. postal service provides. the box will fit 3 books for the same price.

Last edited:
Frans just so people know, if they source the fundamentals book from elsewhere (mine came from wesspur) will that still benefit Mr. B or how's that working out? Just wondering as regardless of peoples views if you're into treework you definetly have to have that book. I have the highclimber and timberfallers as well and I think I can think of a couple people that it might make a nice gift for.

Paul you library offering idea is an excellent idea :thumbup:

I dont know, squisher. I would think that any sales of his book would benefit him.

But the less middleman, the better.

The more direct, the better.

I would guess...

I never really realized just how hard it is to be layed up. I gotta take my hat off to you Butch, and everyone else who has been through a serious injury. Yours still has a long way to go, Butch. It is not over with yet.

It is not easy. I know everyone is supposed to take it on the chin, but I personally would really feel good with folks even writing a note saying hang in there.

It's not fun at all dealing with an injury that keeps you from work. But I will add, with mine I was able to get up & move about. Nothing like Butches or Gerry's injury.

Just an observation:

HC

his p.m.'s come from "jerry"

Back